Author Topic: Pardner Reeiver shipping out on Tuesday  (Read 484 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Pardner Reeiver shipping out on Tuesday
« on: May 30, 2004, 01:01:20 PM »
Gonna send it in for a new 24" Turkey barrel 12 gauge with the one choke. MSP Ret's post about his got me to thinking about what a great turkey rig this would make and since I already have a Mossberg 500 with 4 choke tubes that will interchange then it will be beneficial for all game too. I carried the Mossy this season with a 2x full tube in the barrel and it made the barrel be a total of about 30" long, a real monster to carry around all day. This rig will be much lighter and less bulky and I only really need one shot anyway.
I opted for this rig instead of adding a TrackerII 20 gauge barrel. I guess I will do that later....this stuff is addicting ain't it?  :)
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 02:15:21 PM »
lik2hunt, you will love that 24" barrel in the woods and while carrying it. Best of luck with it. Are you going to have the trigger smoothed up and lightened while it's there?....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 03:28:58 PM »
I didn't know they would do a trigger job on a shotgun receiver. Will They?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 03:54:33 PM »
Sure, why not, the triggers are all the same and a trigger is a trigger. I would think though if it was for all birdshot shotgun work a heavier trigger would be appropriate, where you "slap" the trigger and don't slooowly squeeze it. However if you were going to use the shotgun more as a rifle with slugs and buckshot you might want a more "rifle like" trigger of about 3 pounds or so. They will work on the trigger, it's all what you are going to use it for....a lighter rifle style trigger might be a bit out of place on a shotgun but isn't that what you have when you send in a refle receiver and get a shotgun barrel fitted to it?....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley