Author Topic: Dali Lama Reached His Goal!  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Nanook 450

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Dali Lama Reached His Goal!
« on: June 02, 2004, 02:48:11 AM »
All last responses are from Dali, most topics are started by Dali, will not read any of them - have not been here in awhile, and I hope you Dali lovers enjoy your company - what a joke.

Offline Mauser

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 04:08:29 AM »
I've watched the debate over Dali on this forum and on the old MT and I just don't understand why his posts create so much discord.  It is not as if he is making it harder for anyone else to post and this is a free site after all.  Frankly, without him this forum is less interesting.  

What is the big deal?  Don't read his posts if you don't like them.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 04:43:09 AM »
Nanook, I publicly agree with you. Dali generally does a disservice to this forum. He does on occasion have lucid moments and has submitted excellent and valuable posts. However on other occasions his post are inane comments framed in childish gibberish. It is as if he has a dual personality. I also have been led by his foolishness to ignore his posts. His foolish times remind me of the not lamented and thankfully gone BM. If "Dali Lama" were to always post in normal, common english he would be more believable....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 04:48:14 AM »
As Graybeard indicated on the thread entitled Dali Lama if you don't care for his nonsense, just put him on your ignore list.  That is the first and probably will be only user that I will have added to mine.  

Wish I had the same option avilable from the Postal Service to keep the junk mail out of my mailbox.

Offline BamBams

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »
While I've got nothing against Dali personally, he does seem to go a bit overboard around here.  I do find some of the info he goldmines to be interesting though.  I use the "ignore" feature so it can be presented to me in less of a "heap."  *smiles*
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 08:00:06 AM »
If nothing else at least he keeps this forum active!!!!!!!! Folks Pee and moan about all his post but at least he is posting!! for a while when he was gone this site was like a ghost town. I find some of the stuff he post  informative and like they say you do not want to read it ignore it! For the life of me I cannot imagine why grown adults would get so upset over too many post or posting in the 3rd person?? AT one time the 3rd person stuff bugged me also then I just figured the hell with it he can post how ever he likes no skin off of my nose as long as this forum stays peacefull. Like I have said before some of his informative post gives us info that we do not have to look up or find. I do not get the local paper ecept for Sundays or Thurs and Fri to look up thrift and rummage sales for the weekend so some of the news and articles Dali post are helpfull as far as I am concerned. I really cannot see what the issue is as long as you guys can ignore him if you wish??????????  :shock:
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 08:29:09 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
If nothing else at least he keeps this forum active!!!!!!!! Folks Pee and moan about all his post but at least he is posting!! for a while when he was gone this site was like a ghost town. I find some of the stuff he post  informative and like they say you do not want to read it ignore it! For the life of me I cannot imagine why grown adults would get so upset over too many post or posting in the 3rd person?? AT one time the 3rd person stuff bugged me also then I just figured the hell with it he can post how ever he likes no skin off of my nose as long as this forum stays peacefull. Like I have said before some of his informative post gives us info that we do not have to look up or find. I do not get the local paper ecept for Sundays or Thurs and Fri to look up thrift and rummage sales for the weekend so some of the news and articles Dali post are helpfull as far as I am concerned. I really cannot see what the issue is as long as you guys can ignore him if you wish??????????  :shock:

jh - you and I go way back - if nothing else, he "dali" keeps this forum active?  the reason it is not active is because of the ilk he spews here - no real person speaks in the 3rd person - the name dali lama is synomous with the new age movement - I have nothing to to with new age thinking or dali's snot you seem to appreciate.

Almost every post is first word dali and last word dali - enyoy yourself, must be fun to moderate.

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 08:44:21 AM »
Just curious, but for someone who doesn't know, what was the reason for the demise of the "old marlin talk" forum?  Was this the type of stuff that had anything to do with it?  It just sort of appeared over here on Graybeards, what happened?

Offline Mauser

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 09:14:21 AM »
It is my understanding that MT was discontinued primarily because a few folks insisted on posting stuff that put Marlin at risk legally.  Examples of this were the posting of irresponsible and sometimes downright dangerous reloading data as well as suggestions for the modifications of Marlin guns that weren't factory-authorized.  I also heard that Marlin didn't appreciate the constant complaining about manufacturing quality that, in my opinion,  overstated the problems considerably.

While I'm sure Marlin didn't like the sometimes nasty and personal  discourse, I doubt that had much to do with MT's demise.

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 10:35:40 AM »
Marlin is owned by a family of Lawyers . . . the above post is precise and correct.

I believe their sight sold a lot of Marlins - have not been to their sight, since the talk room shut down.

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Dali Lama Reached His Goal!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 12:53:39 PM »
Quote from: Nanook 450
All last responses are from Dali, most topics are started by Dali, will not read any of them
Dali Llama say he curious why Nanook 450 wish to "boycott" Dali? :?  :?
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 12:56:33 PM »
Quote from: MSP Ret
Nanook, I publicly agree with you. Dali generally does a disservice to this forum.
Dali Llama say he respectfully inquire what terrible "disservice" Dali do to honorable forum?  Dali say he do not force anyone to read his posts. :?  :?

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 12:59:12 PM »
Quote from: Thomas Krupinski
As Graybeard indicated on the thread entitled Dali Lama if you don't care for his nonsense, just put him on your ignore list.  That is the first and probably will be only user that I will have added to mine.  

To what "nonsense" do Thomas Krupinski refer, ask Dali Llama?  Dali say one thing for certain, Dali do not post anti-Second Amendment commentary as do Thomas Krupinski. :x  :evil:  :x

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 01:05:35 PM »
jh - you and I go way back - if nothing else, he "dali" keeps this forum active?  the reason it is not active is because of the ilk he spews here
Dali Llama say that if that be case, what be reason for inactivity during Dali's absence? :?  :?  :?   Dali add that he believe Nanook 450 incorrectly employ word "ilk" in this instance.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 01:09:54 PM »
All last responses are from Dali, most topics are started by Dali, will not read any of them - have not been here in awhile, and I hope you Dali lovers enjoy your company - what a joke.
Dali Llama say he suggest that Nanook 450 carefully consider sole raison d'etre of this post by Nanook 450, pause for a brief moment, and subsequently reflect on meaning of ancient Tibetan saying about a pot calling a kettle black. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline BamBams

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2004, 01:27:53 PM »
I think the irony here is that this is a clear case of a "moderated" BBS having more tolerance than a non-moderated BBS!   Hey Dali, why not go over and post on that "non-moderated" BBS and see how long they are willing to tolerate your participation since they value "free speech" so much over there anyway?  HAHAHAHAHA!  I'm so bad.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2004, 01:34:15 PM »
Quote from: BamBams
I think the irony here is that this is a clear case of a "moderated" BBS having more tolerance than a non-moderated BBS!   Hey Dali, why not go over and post on that "non-moderated" BBS and see how long they are willing to tolerate your participation since they value "free speech" so much over there anyway?  HAHAHAHAHA!  I'm so bad.
To what "non-moderated BBS" do BamBams specifically refer, ask Dali Llama? :?

Offline BamBams

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2004, 01:39:23 PM »
Should I tell him Nanook?  HAHAHAHA
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2004, 03:55:01 PM »
Dali Llama say he think he likely aware of forum to which BamBams refer: http://www.marlinowners.com/board/viewforum.php?f=4&topicdays=0&start=0 .

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2004, 04:03:13 PM »
Quote from: Dali Llama
All last responses are from Dali, most topics are started by Dali, will not read any of them

Because you are the only person that post in the 3rd person on any board I visit - you know it is irritating, unorthodox and just abraisive.  I know some really messed up people that listen to "the Dali Lama" and believe his crap.  I don't appreciate your name, or you posting in the 3rd person - some choose to ingore it -some don't care.  So continue with your bs alter ego and your pseudo philosophical persona - and I hope all the moderators here continue to follow you and your cultish jibberish brainwashing and fry along with you.  "Dali Lama say he"  is an idot.

Offline Nanook 450

• Avid Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2004, 04:06:44 PM »

Send him over . . . you are pretty much his lap dog and best fan.

Offline BamBams

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2004, 06:16:51 PM »
Nanook.....hoping that all the moderators fry?  Why that's not a Christian perspective at all, but I forgive you.  

I only have one hero......

NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2004, 06:51:13 PM »
BM is BM is BM and is mentaly and emotionaly impaired.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2004, 07:08:52 PM »

i can't think of a better way to put my feelings... on a different post he became upset because someone kept refering to him as "grasshopper" and said something about showing respect for others... unfortunately he doesn't get that some people find the way he talks, not to mention his trite simplistic replies to be disrespectful.  it's apparent that he needs the attention he gets, like a kid who dies his hair blue just to "be different".

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2004, 07:12:19 PM »
hmmm... i'm clearly not smart enoughtto work the quote thing... damn... those were my words... i was trying to quote the post from Nanook 450:

Because you are the only person that post in the 3rd person on any board I visit - you know it is irritating, unorthodox and just abraisive. I know some really messed up people that listen to "the Dali Lama" and believe his crap. I don't appreciate your name, or you posting in the 3rd person - some choose to ingore it -some don't care. So continue with your bs alter ego and your pseudo philosophical persona - and I hope all the moderators here continue to follow you and your cultish jibberish brainwashing and fry along with you. "Dali Lama say he" is an idot.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »
Nanook and Wizzard glad to see you back. these forums have settled down and myself and the other moderators know what to expect now as far as what is tolerated. Glad you guys found a home  at the other site, but are still welcome here to post as far as I and I am sure the other moderators are concerned. Dali is Dali you guys should  be used to that after all the years at the Marlin site? Nanook I really do not want to fry though :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :lol:
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2004, 01:31:30 AM »
Quote from: Dali Llama

Because you are the only person that post in the 3rd person on any board I visit - you know it is irritating, unorthodox and just abraisive.  I know some really messed up people that listen to "the Dali Lama" and believe his crap.  I don't appreciate your name, or you posting in the 3rd person - some choose to ingore it -some don't care.  So continue with your bs alter ego and your pseudo philosophical persona - and I hope all the moderators here continue to follow you and your cultish jibberish brainwashing and fry along with you.  "Dali Lama say he"  is an idot.
Dali Llama say he curious if he supposed to feel sufficiently castigated and deeply hurt after such scathing and vicious attack? :?   Dali Llama wonder if it be Freudian slip that Nanook 450 leave the all-important "I" out of "idot"[sic]? :-D  :-D  :lol:

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2004, 01:36:51 AM »
Quote from: dukkillr

i can't think of a better way to put my feelings... on a different post he became upset because someone kept refering to him as "grasshopper" and said something about showing respect for others... unfortunately he doesn't get that some people find the way he talks, not to mention his trite simplistic replies to be disrespectful.  it's apparent that he needs the attention he gets, like a kid who dies his hair blue just to "be different".
Dali Llama curious if he supposed to assume that dukkillr merely post to provide Dali "attention," or do dukkillr have other motives? :?  Dali wonder if dukkillr like being called incorrect names? :?

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2004, 01:47:51 AM »
Quote from: IntrepidWizard
BM is BM is BM and is mentaly and emotionaly impaired.
...but perhaps capable of spelling correctly and compiling a group of coherent thoughts more adeptly than IntrepidWizard, ask Dali Llama? :lol:  Dali see that unfortunately  :cry:  IntrepidWizard still more intent on psychoanalyzing and attacking other posters than contributing anything of redeeming social value. :cry:    Ah, my dear friend IntrepidWizard, where hath thou been since the untimely demise of Marlin Talk, ask Dali? :-)   Dali curious if IntrepidWizard have made journey to Allen, Texas lately? :lol:  :D Dali say he seem recall that IntrepidWizard say when he depart forum previously that he never intend to return to Graybeard Outdoors, so Dali wonder what he doing here? :?

Offline mag41vance

• A Real Regular
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2004, 01:51:46 AM »
The progression of constipation;
 :oops:    :(    :x    :eek:   :shock:  :-)
no x now!