Author Topic: HEY, I AM STILL HERE ! ! ! ! !  (Read 1001 times)

Offline crow_waxer

• Trade Count: (0)
HEY, I AM STILL HERE ! ! ! ! !
« on: June 06, 2004, 10:45:44 AM »
HEY ALL ! ! ! ! !   What's going on?  i am at camp pendelton right now, in training.  sorry about not letting ya all know that i was leaving, my computer got fried in a storm 3 days before i left.  but, any who, i can still chat with ya'all, (obviously, LOL).  
i kinda like it here, we actually get treated like people. LOL  i got here, at camp pendelton, on tuesday, and did nothing all day tuesday, or wednesday, but sit in the squad bay.  i got here at about 2 pm  tuesday, and was not allowed to go pee, coz we was susposed to have a urin test.  so, i didn't pee till after 11pm that night.  and the samething happened wednesday.  we sat around, and did nothing, and again wasn't allowed to pee, coz we had to do the urin test.  but, late that after noon, i finally took the test.  (and i snuck in a pee during chow at the chow hall, lol), coz i was about to pee my self. LOL  overall, i like it here.  a TON better than boot camp, it don't even compair.  i would be here all day explaining what is so much better.  EVERYTHING is better.  
we start training on monday, (tomorrow), and we run a PFT that morning, and either that after noon, or tuesday, we go to the gernade range, it'll be a blast.  (hahahaa, i made a funny, LOL).  we get to shoot every machine gun they have, and all kinds of cool stuff.  i am anxious to shoot that .50, LOL.  i have been waiting and hoping for this training since i started boot camp.  almost everyone is nice, especially the officers, they r cool, i think they are nicer than the enlisted personel, and even the enlisted are nice.  i love it. LOL  and, there are a few lance corprals in our platoon, and they said that the fleet is even better than this.  when i got here, i didn't think it could get any better than this. LOL  i also found out that i have an 85% chance of being stationed at Hawaii.  (that info came fom a captian).  i hope i get to go there, that would be the best thing in the world.  LOL  
all the 03's do a separate training than the non-03's.  everyone that is not an 03, goes to MCT, (marine combat training).  what that is, is a 22 day (or something like that, 20 something), outline of what us 03's do.  and the 03's go to ITB, (infantry training battalion. ).  our school is 8 weeks long.  MCT has a 5, 10, and 15K humps, and ITB has a 5, 10, 15, and 20K humps.  we also have a "combat town" thing, built by universal studieos.  that is, well, a town, that we get to play war games in.  and it actually looks like a real town, with cars parked out on the road and all kinds of stuff.  very real.  and for the first 2 weeks, all the 03's do the same training.  on T-14, we get split up into out specialties.  like 0311, 0321, 0331, stuff like that, and train in our specialties.  right now, i am a 0300, so i get a wish list to fill out to pick what specialty i want, and then someone higher up the chain of comand comes along, and picks what u get, based mainly on your performance during the first 2 weeks of training.  and i am sure the wish list has a little effect on what you get.  everyone i talked to got what they put down on their wish list.  i wanna get 0311.  and i was old they do a LOT of humping.  they hump at LEAST 2-3 miles a day, every day.  and, we gotta help the mortar men, and the machine gunners carry their junk too.  (go figure, lol)  but over all, it all sounds pretty darn fun to me.  i will find out soon.
well, that is the skinny on what has been happening with me latly.  i get liberty every weekend, so that is the only time i get to get on here, and call home and all that good stuff.  i will try to keep ya all updated on what i was doing through the week.  i am gunna go for now, but will be back next weekend.  later all   :grin:  :D
"Keep your stick on the ice"

Offline patm41

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 11:03:44 AM »
Have fun  ,, glad im to old for all that !!! :grin:

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 11:13:36 AM »
Glad to hear from ya waxer!! Keep us informed of your exploits!! Jim  :P
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dali Llama

Re: HEY, I AM STILL HERE ! ! ! ! !
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 01:55:05 PM »
Quote from: crow_waxer
HEY ALL ! ! ! ! !   What's going on?  i am at camp pendelton right now, in training.  sorry about not letting ya all know that i was leaving, my computer got fried in a storm 3 days before i left.  but, any who, i can still chat with ya'all, (obviously, LOL).  
i kinda like it here, we actually get treated like people. LOL  i got here, at camp pendelton, on tuesday, and did nothing all day tuesday, or wednesday, but sit in the squad bay.  i got here at about 2 pm  tuesday, and was not allowed to go pee, coz we was susposed to have a urin test.  so, i didn't pee till after 11pm that night.  and the samething happened wednesday.  we sat around, and did nothing, and again wasn't allowed to pee, coz we had to do the urin test.  but, late that after noon, i finally took the test.  (and i snuck in a pee during chow at the chow hall, lol), coz i was about to pee my self. LOL  overall, i like it here.  a TON better than boot camp, it don't even compair.  i would be here all day explaining what is so much better.  EVERYTHING is better.  
we start training on monday, (tomorrow), and we run a PFT that morning, and either that after noon, or tuesday, we go to the gernade range, it'll be a blast.  (hahahaa, i made a funny, LOL).  we get to shoot every machine gun they have, and all kinds of cool stuff.  i am anxious to shoot that .50, LOL.  i have been waiting and hoping for this training since i started boot camp.  almost everyone is nice, especially the officers, they r cool, i think they are nicer than the enlisted personel, and even the enlisted are nice.  i love it. LOL  and, there are a few lance corprals in our platoon, and they said that the fleet is even better than this.  when i got here, i didn't think it could get any better than this. LOL  i also found out that i have an 85% chance of being stationed at Hawaii.  (that info came fom a captian).  i hope i get to go there, that would be the best thing in the world.  LOL  
all the 03's do a separate training than the non-03's.  everyone that is not an 03, goes to MCT, (marine combat training).  what that is, is a 22 day (or something like that, 20 something), outline of what us 03's do.  and the 03's go to ITB, (infantry training battalion. ).  our school is 8 weeks long.  MCT has a 5, 10, and 15K humps, and ITB has a 5, 10, 15, and 20K humps.  we also have a "combat town" thing, built by universal studieos.  that is, well, a town, that we get to play war games in.  and it actually looks like a real town, with cars parked out on the road and all kinds of stuff.  very real.  and for the first 2 weeks, all the 03's do the same training.  on T-14, we get split up into out specialties.  like 0311, 0321, 0331, stuff like that, and train in our specialties.  right now, i am a 0300, so i get a wish list to fill out to pick what specialty i want, and then someone higher up the chain of comand comes along, and picks what u get, based mainly on your performance during the first 2 weeks of training.  and i am sure the wish list has a little effect on what you get.  everyone i talked to got what they put down on their wish list.  i wanna get 0311.  and i was old they do a LOT of humping.  they hump at LEAST 2-3 miles a day, every day.  and, we gotta help the mortar men, and the machine gunners carry their junk too.  (go figure, lol)  but over all, it all sounds pretty darn fun to me.  i will find out soon.
well, that is the skinny on what has been happening with me latly.  i get liberty every weekend, so that is the only time i get to get on here, and call home and all that good stuff.  i will try to keep ya all updated on what i was doing through the week.  i am gunna go for now, but will be back next weekend.  later all   :grin:  :D
Dali Llama say he glad to hear from crow waxer, appreciate update, and hope to hear from him again soon. :-)
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline NYH1

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 04:37:18 PM »
Good to hear from you waxer!!!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 06:59:52 PM »
Glad things are going well for you and we are all proud  of you. Keep us informed about how you are doing and how things are going. Godspeed. :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 01:20:38 AM »
Quote from: Nightrain52
Glad things are going well for you and we are all proud  of you.  :D
Dali Llama say he concur with Nightrain52. :-)

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 09:59:24 AM »
Crow waxer,
Have fun shooting up all that they will let you. Nice thing is the tax payer is paying for the ammo. :shock: Enjoy! Glad to hear life is better, it does get better when you get to the fleet. Stay in shape and dont let those humps kick your six. Take care buddy. :D

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 02:37:01 PM »
Quote from: big medicine
Crow waxer,
Have fun shooting up all that they will let you. Nice thing is the tax payer is paying for the ammo.
:-D  :)  :-D

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 07:35:25 AM »
Good to hear from ya Waxer, but about that peeing thing; it would be a cold day in hell that I would comply with some butt heads order not to pee when I had to.  When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.
Swingem

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »
Quote from: magooch
about that peeing thing; it would be a cold day in hell that I would comply with some butt heads order not to pee when I had to.  When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.
:-D  :)  :-D

Offline marlinman93

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 04:00:08 PM »
Hey CW,
 Hope you continue to have fun! Hawaii isn't everything it's cracked up to be! I was stationed there many moons ago, and it's warm and sunny, but after a few months, it gets old, and going to town is very expensive!
 Have fun!
Ballard, the great American Rifles!

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2004, 04:34:34 PM »
Quote from: marlinman93
Hey CW,
 Hope you continue to have fun! Hawaii isn't everything it's cracked up to be! I was stationed there many moons ago, and it's warm and sunny, but after a few months, it gets old
Dali Llama say he think he miss definitive seasonal changes in weather if he be in Hawaii.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 06:58:07 AM »
Waxer;
  Great hearing from you....keep on keepig on...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 08:09:03 AM »
Quote from: ironglow
Waxer;
  Great hearing from you....keep on keepig on...
Keep on truckin', say Dali Llama! :-)

Offline crow_waxer

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »
hey all,  i am back.  satruday morning, and on liberty till midnight.  :grin:   so, here is the low down on my week
monday -did nothing but sit in class all day long.  kinda boaring, except a Recon guy came in and talked to us, he had some pretty cool stuff to say.
tuesday-got our gear,like our packs, and M-16's, and that was pretty much all.
wednesday-FINALLY did something fun.  we went to the gernade range.    :lol: that was cool.  we got to throw about 12 pratice gernades, and one live M-67 frag.  that was fun throwing that thing. LOL  sounds wierd, but holding a real live gerndae, getting ready to throw it, for the first time is a real rush.  LOL  them are loud too, even with ear plugs in, and ya could even feel the shock wave.  i loved it, lol.
thursday-we zeroed the M-16, and shot the M-203 gernade launcher.  the 203 was cool, but we didn't get to shoot any live rounds, only some pratice ones, with some orange powder stuff in it.  but it was still fun.  and, an instructor shot 5 live HE rounds, so we could see what they was like.  we stayed in the field that night.  the next morning i woke up, everyone was talking about helecoptors shooting tracers and rockets that night.  well, i was passed out, and didn't know what the hell they was talking about, and i think i was the only one, LOL.
friday-we got to shoot the M-249 SAW, and the AT-4.  the SAW was AWSOME,  i loved shooting that thing.  we only got to shoot 100 rounds, but it was one of the most fun things we did so far.  we was told a "diddy", for shooting 6-8 round bursts.  the told us to squeeze the trigger, and say to our selves, "die mother ******, die", and then let go of the trigger, LOL  we even cought a hill side on fire with the tracers too.  a pretty big area actually.  it was out there pretty far too, kinda suprised me. we came back to the house that night, and cleaned weapons till about 1230, and hit the rack at about 1am.  and i was beat.  lol  
that is all so far.  i can't remember what we are doing this week, but we are staying out in the field again though.  
well, i guess i will go now.  i will stop by agian tomorrow, and chat some more.  i might even check in sometime later today.
nice seeing ya all again.  will chat later.. :grin:  :D  [/u]

Offline Sturgis

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2004, 12:16:38 PM »
WTG Waxer, sounds like everything is going great for ya.

The Best to you :D
Sturgis

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2004, 07:31:52 AM »
hey all,  i am back.  satruday morning, and on liberty till midnight.  :grin:   so, here is the low down on my week
monday -did nothing but sit in class all day long.  kinda boaring, except a Recon guy came in and talked to us, he had some pretty cool stuff to say.
tuesday-got our gear,like our packs, and M-16's, and that was pretty much all.
wednesday-FINALLY did something fun.  we went to the gernade range.    :lol: that was cool.  we got to throw about 12 pratice gernades, and one live M-67 frag.  that was fun throwing that thing. LOL  sounds wierd, but holding a real live gerndae, getting ready to throw it, for the first time is a real rush.  LOL  them are loud too, even with ear plugs in, and ya could even feel the shock wave.  i loved it, lol.
thursday-we zeroed the M-16, and shot the M-203 gernade launcher.  the 203 was cool, but we didn't get to shoot any live rounds, only some pratice ones, with some orange powder stuff in it.  but it was still fun.  and, an instructor shot 5 live HE rounds, so we could see what they was like.  we stayed in the field that night.  the next morning i woke up, everyone was talking about helecoptors shooting tracers and rockets that night.  well, i was passed out, and didn't know what the hell they was talking about, and i think i was the only one, LOL.
friday-we got to shoot the M-249 SAW, and the AT-4.  the SAW was AWSOME,  i loved shooting that thing.  we only got to shoot 100 rounds, but it was one of the most fun things we did so far.  we was told a "diddy", for shooting 6-8 round bursts.  the told us to squeeze the trigger, and say to our selves, "die mother ******, die", and then let go of the trigger, LOL  we even cought a hill side on fire with the tracers too.  a pretty big area actually.  it was out there pretty far too, kinda suprised me. we came back to the house that night, and cleaned weapons till about 1230, and hit the rack at about 1am.  and i was beat.  lol  
that is all so far.  i can't remember what we are doing this week, but we are staying out in the field again though.  
well, i guess i will go now.  i will stop by agian tomorrow, and chat some more.  i might even check in sometime later today.
nice seeing ya all again.  will chat later.. :grin:  :D  [/u]
Dali Llama say it good to hear from crow waxer, and that latter seem to be enjoying self. :-)

Offline crow_waxer

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2004, 09:22:17 AM »
hey all, i am here again.  :D ain't been to much going on this week, kinda slow.
monday- classes ALL DAY LONG.  i mean from morning chow till after evening chow.  pretty boaring. lol
tuesday- we did squad rushes. (some of u might know what that is).  it is pretty much nothing but playing leap frog with each other to gain ground in combat.  we did it with no rounds, then shooting blanks, then the third time we did it with live rounds.  kinda nerve racking, running in front of someone shooting rounds that you know are only about 15 feet away from you. LOL  stayed the  night in the field too.
wednesday-same deal, all day rushes.  by the end of wednesday, the knees of my trousers was torn up pretty good.  coz the instructors told that the best way to get down to the prone position the fastes without hurting yourself, is to drop to your knees, then to your stomach.  so my trousers got torn up pretty good.
thrusday-we had classes on some NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical), stuff.  how to get into MOPP gear, (the protective gear) on in under 8 minutes.  and we had 9 seconds to take our gas mask out of it's holder, (on our hip), and put it on, with it cleared out.  we also got to see some "classifided" video's. LOL not really classified, but i don't think it is open to the public to see.  it showed us what the effects of the chemical, nuclear, and biological chemicals do to humans.  it will wake ya up, and make ya realize what we could possible be going against.  some nast, nast stuff.  kinda scarey really, when ya see what the stuff does.  we also go to see pictures that i ain't never seen before of the Atomic bomb.  that was an un-believable video.  the distruction and devistation that thing makes is breath taking.  it showed a clip of it being droped, showed the mushroom cloud, then it showed the shock wave blowing by. there was a "small" shock wave that went by first.  i thought dang, that was pretty big, then about that time, the "real" shock wave blew through.  now, that was some awsome, un-bleievable power.  after that first, little wave, a huge one came throught, flipping over cars, blowing houses down, litterally.  i could not believe it.  an eye opener.
friday-we had land navigation classes, and night land nav.  we had to take an azimuth, do a little math, and do some other things to our compas, to get it set just right, and  ya follow the compas, and it should bring you to a post with an instructor standing by it, to give you some more numbers to do some more math to...well, ya get the point.  kinda complicated to expalin over the net how to do it, so i ain't even gunna begin to try.  lol  pretty neat stuff.  we have more land naviagition this monday too.

this coming week
monday-more land nav.
tuesday-MCMAP, (martial arts), and some PT
and, well, that is all that i can remember that we are doing for right now. lol   so, with that, i will go for now.  i might come back later today, or at least tomorrow.  chat with ya all some more.  later all :grin:  :D

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2004, 02:48:11 PM »
Hey Crow Waxer,
good to hear from you again. Glad all is going well. Pay attention in the land nav courses, it may save your life some day....and it will always come in handy when you finally get to go on that elk hunt in the mountains some day! :lol: Keep us updated on how things are going.
Take care buddy
Semper Fi

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2004, 07:46:09 PM »
Good to hear from you waxer. Thanks for keeping us up to date on how things are going and how you are progessing. Keep us posted as I think we all like to hear from you. :D  :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline crow_waxer

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2004, 08:23:35 AM »
hey all, i am back.  we had ALL NIGHT liberty last night.  man, i was living life......sitting back, doing absolutely NOTHING. LOL  it sure felt good to do nothing, lol.  
any who.  i will try to keep ya all posted on what is going on here, and all the cool things i get to do.   :grin: i was bumming when i left, not only coz i wouldn't be able to see my family for a while, but also coz i didn't think that i could chat with ya all.  i got here, and found out i could call my parents, and still chat with ya'all.  so it is pretty nice here. LOL  we get 3 meals a day, (MRE's), and....well.....not always 8 hours of sleep.lol  i found out so far, that when we stay out in the field, we get more sleep than when we stay in the squad bay. LOL  kinda backward of what i tought it would be.  :)
well, i am gunna go for now.  check out some more BB's, and the other rooms on this one.  i will drop by again, sometime next week probably.  
catch ya'all then.  :D  :grin:

Offline NYH1

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2004, 08:27:43 AM »
Good to hear from ya again waxer!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2004, 05:50:33 PM »
Hey Crow-Waxer, kinda gives a whole new meaning to summer camp don't it. :-D  :)  :D

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2004, 01:44:05 AM »
i will drop by again, sometime next week probably.  
catch ya'all then.  
We be looking forward to it, say Dali Llama. :-)

Offline crow_waxer

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2004, 11:53:42 AM »
:D hey all, back again.  :grin: sorry i didn't post last weekend, kinda buisy. but, i will make up for it though,lol.  i have a 96 this week, (4 days liberty), for the 4th of July.  pretty cool.
     well, lets get to buisness, LOL.  to start off, i can't remember what we did last week, so it must not have been to much. lol
but, i do remeber this week, well, i remember what we did, but not exactly in order, or what day we did it in. lol  so, here we go.
   first off, we fired the SAW, (machine gun) at a range.  all we did was hit little pop up targets, i don't remember the point in it, but it was fun. lol, then, we did squad rushes with the SAW, which, by the way, totally suck.  all ya do is this....lay there, actl like you are shooting, the insturctor blows a whistle, and you get up, sprint about 20-30 feet, and drop back down, and act like you are shooting again, and ya gotta do it as fast as ya can.  and needless to say, it is pretty tiring, considering the SAW weighs 25 pounds, and ya do it for about 100 yards, moving, 25 feet at  a time.
then, we went back out to a range, and did more rushes, but this time we had live ammo, so we actually got to shoot, stand up and run, drop back down and shoot some more, for about another 100 yards.  and right after that ,we sighted in the SAW's.  that took forever.  about 10-15 minutes a person, and there was 2 platoons with roughly 90 people, and then, we got delayed for 3 hours, coz helicoptors were flying over at low altitueds, and we didn't get out of the field till 8:30 or 9, and didn't hit the rack till about 10.  a pretty long day.  then we had a 10K hump, (which is about 6 miles).  that wasn't to bad really, pretty eaisy, but i got bored.  we humped for about 3 hours, and about 2 hours into it, i was bored out of my mind, that is one of the biggest reasons i don't like humping.  it wasn't really hard, just boaring.  and right after the 10k, we had a gernade assult cours.  where we ran ran around with flack jackets, and kevlars on, throwing gernades.  i was beat by the end of that too. lol  and then we had to come back and clean weapons for about 4 hours, then hit the rack. and woke up this morning, and got turned to libo.   :-)  
ohh yeah, i almost forgot to mention, i am a squad leader too.  :grin: they told us that they ususally go through a lot of squad leaders and guieds in one cycle, so hopefully i can keep it the entire time i am here.  i am going to do my best to keep the billet, coz if i graduate outta here a squad leader, or a guide, i get promoted to PFC. (i am still a private at the time,  :grin: )
well, that was kinda long, so i will end it here, and get back with ya'all again.  later gents

Offline big medicine

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2004, 01:50:50 PM »
Crow Waxer,
Good to hear from you again. You sound like a busy Marine!! Glad to hear you are doing well. Enjoy the liberty, it will go fast and it will be back to the grind before you know it. Its pretty cool that you are a squad leader. Pay attention to detail try to do it right and you may keep the job. Hang in there buddy and enjoy the weekend.
Semper Fi

Offline magooch

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2004, 05:50:53 PM »
Sounds like they're training you to CHARGE, Waxer.  Here's hoping they teach you good.  Waxer, in our book, you're not just a great Marine, but you're a great American.  Stay safe--good luck.
Swingem

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2004, 06:54:18 PM »
Thanks for bringing us up to speed on how things are going for you. Bet your ready for some liberty. Don't spend all your hard earned money on the women. :-D Hang in there and hope you can keep your squad leader position so you can make PFC. We are proud of you and keep up the good work. Also want to say thanks for the job your doing. :D