Author Topic: Midway vs Midsouth  (Read 1517 times)

Offline rmtaylor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Midway vs Midsouth
« on: June 09, 2004, 01:30:35 AM »
I placed an order with Midsouth on Monday morning. I just checked and the status is "processing". Since I started loading metalic's last year I have done almost all of my online supply ordering with Midway. I read here and found Midsouth prices to be a little less on most items but with Midway I would probably be receiving the order today. Is it normal for Midsouth to be a little slower getting orders out?

It's not a real big deal I am just curious about your experiences.

Richard
NRA Member
Living in Michigan but  "MY Home's in ALABAMA"

Offline rmtaylor

• Avid Poster
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 01:33:06 AM »
By the way asking this question also gave me 100 posts so I could get my second BULLET!!  :grin:

I am now an "Avid Poster". :grin:  :)

Richard
NRA Member

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 03:30:57 AM »
well heck if i knew that i would be posting a lot more :-D  :-D
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline marv

• A Real Regular
order
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 03:38:33 AM »
rmtaylor, I have never ordered from Midsouth, always used Midway,
had good service with them. orders came in about two days. I got a catalog from Graf& Sons, Inc.  4050 S. Clark St Of Mexico, Mo. www.grafs.com
800-531-2666 price look a little higher than midway, I think I'll
stick with midway, Graf does have powder at a fare price but
hazzard shipping fee. this my 2 centavos, Marv.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 05:54:15 AM »
Midsouth has been slow on every order I have placed, at first I thought it was just timing, but having placed about 6 or 7 orders now, I think not. Midway and Brownell's, btw, on the other hand ship immediately, sometimes the same day I place the online order!
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline handi35

Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 06:37:04 AM »
Over the last 12 years I have ordered 90% of my shooting supplies from midsouth. things like mounts and rings they have never sent the wrong item. scopes and bullets, expensive or heavy items there insurance and shipping is always less expensive. They have always been a bit slower even when I lived in the lower48. and unlike some suppliers of shooting supplies they dont add on an extra shipping fee to Alaska.

Offline Deadeye47

Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 07:36:24 AM »
An other vote for Midway...I occasionally order on a Friday..its at my door Monday!! :grin:  Graff and Midsouth are slow...I'd personally rather pay the extra pennys in difference and get the order a week earlier from Midway. Also I've notived Midway nearly always has a picture of what your buying from them...not so with some others. :roll:
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 08:16:28 AM »
I guess it's pick on Midsouth day, but they also require you to provide them with a copy of your driver's license if you want to buy ammo from them, something I don't have to do for anyone else.
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 223Shooter

• Avid Poster
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 08:42:36 AM »
What I don't/can't pick up locally from Gander Mountain, I always order from Midway.......their service and product choice is second to none......

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 09:08:43 AM »
Another vote for Midway.  Most everything I buy I get from Midway.
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline ogo

Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 10:26:36 AM »
Well I guess I'll jump in here too,been using both Midsouth and Midway long time.Midway used to ship free,no more,but there prices where a little higher at that time than Midsouth.But I still like Midsouth more, just my 2 penny's worth********ogo

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Midway-Midsouth
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 12:13:42 PM »
All of my loading supplies have come from Midway for years.  The last couple of orders i had i couldn't get Midways web site to work. I could order one item and then couldn't  go any farther. These orders went to Natchez. I was very happy with them.

Offline Mitch in MI

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2004, 02:04:14 PM »
Quote from: quickdtoo
I guess it's pick on Midsouth day, but they also require you to provide them with a copy of your driver's license if you want to buy ammo from them, something I don't have to do for anyone else.

I had to do it at Century Arms, long before 9/11/01.

Offline Ganjiro

• Teppo Baka
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2004, 11:07:30 PM »
I have been a Midway customer for 20 years, and they have been 100% reliable, with great customer service, and fast reasonable delivery.  Ang I live in Hawaii.  My vote goes to Midway.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Offline rmtaylor

• Avid Poster
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2004, 01:56:23 PM »
Just a quick follow up on this. Today I got an email from Midway offering me special pricing on one order between now and my birthday. Looks to be about 10% off regular price stuff. They sold me. I will remain a Loyal Midway customer.

Richard
NRA Member

Offline Leftoverdj

Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2004, 02:17:20 PM »
Most of the time, my MidSouth orders have shipped within 24 hours.  Don't recall it ever taking more than two days for in stock stuff. I do have some trouble with their website running slow.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2004, 04:37:32 PM »
Today I got an email from Midway offering me special pricing on one order between now and my birthday.

I got an email from them about a sale on all items for the week before Fathers Day.  I bought some nick nack items that I've been needing for a while.  

I'll probably stay a Midway customer for a while too.
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline stuffit

• Contributor
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004, 07:40:25 PM »
Earlier this month (about the time the first post in this thread was made) midsouth was in the process of moving to a new location, warehouse and all, and their deliveries did slow down some.  I made an order too, and it did not arrive as quickly as usual.  In general, for me, anyway, midsouth and midway get stuff to me in about the same length of time.  With orders made on the same day, Midsouth's may arrive a day or so later, but not every time.  I like both of these suppliers, and shop both places.
Midsouth is, most of the time, a little less, item for item.  They are more often out of things (in my experience) than Midway. Both have responsive and courteous customer service, always a big plus.
 8)
stuffit
Everybody changes their minds sometimes but a fool and a mule.

Deceased

Offline De41mag

• A Real Regular
    • De41mag@aol.com
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2004, 08:37:36 PM »
For myself.... I'll have to say Midsouth.

For the reason that if I order by 10:00AM one day, my order comes the next day. But then again I live in North Alabama so the distance is about 100 miles. plus Midsouth seems to be a litte cheaper on reloading bullets for rifles.

Plus recently I ordered some 9mm bullets from Midway, they were Rainer copper plated bullets. Supposed to be cupped base like in the picture, but when I recived them they were plain base. Called them up and told them about what the picture showed. They said you can't tell from the picture... well I've loaded many Rainer bullets and they make two different 9mm,115gr. RN bullets. It cost me $11.50 to send them back then they added a $5.00 restocking charge on top of that. TOATLY PI$$ED me off!  :x

If I can help it, I'll order from Midsouth, but that's not saying I won"t ever order from Midway.

Just my two cents.

Dennis.

Offline JPH45

Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2004, 04:34:14 AM »
I've had exactly the experience with Midsouth that De41Mag describes, but I too live in North Alabama. What I do not like about Midsouth is that they require a minimum $40.00 order whereas Midway has a $25.00 minimum and adds a $6.00 charge if you are less. No option with Midsouth. Natchez can fall into the Tennessee River for all I care. They are in Chattanooga Tenn, about 45 miles from my house. They have a sh#theaded policy of not selling to individuals who live in Tennessee, Alabama or Georgia because they sell to dealers in those states and consider their loyalty to them above their potential customers in those states. Fine by me, I only buy my reloading supplies through cataloges and online, so they don't get any percentage of my reloading dollars. Overall, I am quite happy with Midway.
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2004, 01:45:42 PM »
I agree with JPH45 about Natchez I didn't know about their plolicy of not selling in Tennessee called them up and was talking about a order, they were very nice until I got to the address then the guy said can't sell to you very rudely and hung up I was dumb enough to call back and ask why.
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline tony212

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2004, 03:50:16 PM »
My vote goes to Midsouth.  I was a Midway customer for years then all of a sudden last year they stopped selling to anyone from Massachusetts.  If all I have to do is send a copy of my drivers license or License to carry thats fine with me but don't cut me off after all these years. I'll never buy from Midway again. I'll go to Midsouth everytime.
Tony212

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2004, 02:58:18 PM »
Midsouth has been in transistion lately. They are moving from one location to another and trying to keep up with orders at same time. That's likely why it is slower. In the past I've always gotten faster service and lower prices from Midsouth than Midway.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Prof. Fuller Bullspit

• Avid Poster
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2004, 03:13:55 PM »
I've always had good service with Midsouth and have used them almost exclusively for a number of years.

Offline .308

• Contributor
Midway vs Midsouth
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2004, 05:16:14 PM »
:D I like 'em both. Nary a problem with either of them, other than sometimes an item will be out of stock. I price shop when possible (Midsouth has a 40 buck minimum, I think, and Midway has a 'special handling fee on small orders, like one box of bullets) and try to put together a large enough order to help cut down on the shipping costs. Lots of the time Midsouth beats Midway price wise. They both ship quick enough for me.

Take care guys, I'm working the 'vampire' shift :twisted: , so don't get around the web much. Got the Max done, but haven't had it at the range yet. Maybe one of these days. Only shot a couple of rounds to see if the sights were close, seems a bit stouter than the Mag, yes she does.

Later,
Lamar

Offline marv

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2004, 06:04:57 PM »
Glad you showed back up, Hadn't heard any thing about since the
Maxie reamer was going around.  That reamer turns 357 into a great gun.
You take care, don't let your boss work to much,  get to shooting the maxie, it's a hoot. Marv.