Author Topic: Nice wood stocks  (Read 973 times)

Offline Deadeye47

• Trade Count: (0)
Nice wood stocks
« on: June 10, 2004, 02:45:01 PM »
Would you kick in an extra ?? bucks or so for some nice wood stocks for the NEF rifles? I was just lookin at the kaboom photos and the stocks on the Guide Gun. N I C E!  I wish NEF would offer an option for some nice wood on their guns.. :(   ...wouldn't they look sweet on our guns??  :agree:
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
Nice wood stocks
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 03:57:32 PM »
Deadeye47,
  The walnut BC stock should be available.  It is a shame you can't order a new Handi with the BCs wood.
Don

Offline Deadeye47

Nice wood stocks
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 06:20:33 PM »
yeah...BC wood looks pretty nice but I'm talkin a monte carlo stockset with the pistol stylegrip and a nice thin grip with checkering and soforth...they offer the laminated stocks which are pretty pleasing to the eye so why not some nice polished walnut monte carlo style stocks ?? :cry:
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline olredhead

Nice wood stocks
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 02:43:55 AM »
Deadeye I'm with you, as popular as these guns are seems like some custom, or maybe I should say, aftermarket stockmaker would offer us a couple of styles ( roll-over, deep pistol, caps). With the minimal amount of inletting on a NEF it shouldn't be too expensive to set up a pattern.

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
Nice wood stocks
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 02:58:58 AM »
Gentlemen,
Over on the Ol' H&R board a few years back a Guy by the name of I-Mungo went to WENIG and they patterned a thumbhole stock for his .270 NEF...Pictures of that stock can be seen over on the Yahoo NEF site under the photo section... As far as I Know they maintained the pattern...Now if ya can stand the price Wenig will sell you one in any type wood your Lil' Heart desires...and they have some super triple grade A Walnut available....As well as laminates and about anything you can imagine....So if yoiur Lookin' for a Monte Carlo thumbhole finished or unfinished....Save your Pennies....MTNMAN :-)
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline Deadeye47

Nice wood stocks
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 03:12:47 AM »
Yes..I'm familiar with Wenig but did not know they had a patern for the NEF! I wonder is I could get a thrid mortgage my shack or sell and organ and get a set... :roll:  Hopefully a rather plain set of walnut stocks wouldn't be too bad. :-)  Thanks for the info mtnman.....

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline olredhead

Nice wood stocks
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 03:19:46 AM »
Called Wenig this mornin, inquired about a two piece similar to their shotgun stock with rollover cheekpiece deep pistol grip and beavertail forearm. Price according to Shawn would be $45 for cutting the pattern plus the cost of the wood you chose. Medium fancy American walnut would be $180.

Offline mt3030

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Nice wood stocks
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 04:30:07 AM »
If you can live without the rollover, H&R makes a beautiful walnut stock set for their Topper Classic shotgun. I have two of those, one on a rifle and love it. These stocks are made from the same blanks as their BCs. Has cut checkering and recoil pad. If you are using open sights, that is a easy and inexpensive way to get nice wood under your chin.
Good shooting..mt
Great Falls, Montana

Deceased 6/2/2007

Offline Deadeye47

Nice wood stocks
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 04:58:50 AM »
Well there we go..I have glass on all my barrels except one sooooo the NEF BC stock patern is out. 225 plus shipping for the custom...well....something to think about....ya got a 200 dollar gun and ya add 200 plus for glass and rings and another 225 for a decent stock....talk about trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear!  :-D  Guess I had better start saving my change.... :lol:  Now where can I get the barrel mirror polished and hot blued... :roll:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline olredhead

Nice wood stocks
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 05:09:26 AM »
aw yes--and let us not forget about jeweling the hammer!!!! :)  :)

Offline Deadeye47

Nice wood stocks
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »
:-D  Yeah... I plumb forgot about that ugly thang!! :-D Maybe farm it out for a little etched scroll work done on the sides of the receiver with a gold animal of some kind! :mrgreen:

DECEASED 10-09-05