Author Topic: Javelina Custom Knives  (Read 921 times)

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
Javelina Custom Knives
« on: June 11, 2004, 03:15:43 PM »
Take a looksee at a couple of custom knives an old friend of mine down Phoenix way was making for me. Just got an update with pictures from Mike, and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!

He included the newest progress pictures (below), but please realize these knives and not completed - still not finish polished/beaded on the blades; handles only taken to medium grit so far and no where near done;, and the big Cougar does not have its three beautiful mosaic scale pins installed yet.

The Coyote is a 6" beauty with a 2 5/8" hollow ground blade out of D-2 Tool Steel that is glass beaded to a satin finish. Handle is sand blasted black linen Marcata. Besides great balance and looks, it will be a very functional carry knife with good grip and control even with bloody/wet hands. Custom sheath also included. Price? Mike is giving them away for about the cost of a tank of gas. WOW!!!

Don't have the exact dimensions on this big Cougar pattern varient, but its ATS-34 with A-Grade Desert Ironwood Burl scales that will have 3 mosaic pins dressing them up. Note the picture on the right of the tapered tang and black and white spacers to offset the scales and blade. Mike obviously has a damn fine eye for detail and design. Will also have a custom sheath.

I have known Mike for years - he is an outstanding gentlemen who is doing some outstanding custom knife work. Check the link to his website - you'll be very glad you did (wouldn't hurt to tell him you also run GBO).

Can hardly wait....... (drool)

Larry

http://www.javelinaknives.com/

Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Javelina Custom Knives
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 04:23:31 AM »
Lobode:   I really like the coyote, I have always been a fan of the smaller sized hunting knifes. :D    JIM