Author Topic: GB got a pair today  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
GB got a pair today
« on: November 24, 2002, 01:04:28 PM »
Well today was the second day of Bama's gun deer season. Yesterday a fellow just about 200 yards from me killed a nice big 10 point I think would have come my way had he not been there to cut it off first. The normal path is passed there and then up to my stand.

Today I was back in the stand and he was at home.  :)

This is the result.

During doe days in Bama the limit is two deer per day only one of which can be a buck but both can be does. These fell to my R700 LSS Mtn. Rifle in 7-08 using Hornady Light Magnum ammo. The larger one was hit first and ran maybe 35 yards. The smaller one fell where she stood.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Terry1

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
Congrats!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 04:07:15 PM »
Congrats! Are gun season just opened here in central NY a week ago[11/18]. I shot a decent sized 8 point the other day. He was chasing a doe. Went 144 1bs. field dressed on the scales. Shot him with a Remington 1100 shotgun and handloaded saboted slugs at about 45 yards. He wasent a monster, but i was happy none the less. :-D

Offline mkee

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Contributor
congrats
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2002, 03:18:06 AM »
good shooting.  I also got two Sunday evening.  Shot at about 50 yds w/ my Ruger M77 in 308.  hope to see something w/ a few points next time around though.  good luck with the rest of the season.

Offline KYODE

• Trade Count: (0)
two fine deer
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 03:56:26 AM »
congratulations GB. you shoulda been packin a handgun though. alright, now let's see you connect with the TC. 8)

Offline tripper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
GB got a pair today
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2002, 07:56:25 AM »
:D congarates guys,  our rifle season closed yesterday in mn. we have six people in the party i hunt with and filled all but one lic. this was my daughter in-laws 2nd year of deer hunting and she did a bang up job. 1st morning  she takes her first ever deer, a nice 8 pointer in the 200lb class, 2nd day she takes a 140lb class doe and  finishes a spiker that my son had broke the leg on. she was shooting my old mod. 340 savage with  150 gr.rem. express cor-lokt . one of the other guys also took a nice doe the first day. 3rd day we saw nothing, 4th day we cut up meat . 5th day just me and brother hunt and i take a forker with the tc 7-30 at 59 yrds. i was shooting GBs 120 gr. enjoy your season guys.
be safe and god bless
tripper