Author Topic: End of group buys?  (Read 489 times)

Offline Leftoverdj

• Trade Count: (0)
End of group buys?
« on: June 17, 2004, 10:04:19 AM »
I just got a response from Lee. No more dealer discounts on custom runs of less than 100. They still waive the setup fee for 25 or more but charge $50 a mould for six cavities. Looks to me that when you add shipping in a group buy mould is gonna cost upwards of $55 from here on out.

Here's the full text:

Custom lube & size kits would be $25.00
If 25 or more are ordered at the same time the price would
be $11.32.

Please note the policy change on custom mold orders.

Molds

We make custom bullet molds to your specifications for a $100 set-up and tooling fee for flat based bullets, and $150 for hollow point or hollow based bullets.  The cost of a single or double cavity
mold would be $24.98.  Six cavity molds would be $50.00.  Hollow point or hollow base bullets can only be made in single cavity.  

If interested in this option, please download the Mold Design Sheet 1 and 2 that currently resides on our "Instructions" page at http://www.leeprecision.com/instruct/index

Maximum bullet mold dimensions for standard mold blocks; (all dimensions in inches) single cavity, .580 dia. 1.250 length; double cavity, .685* dia. .900 length; six cavity, .520 dia. 1.000 length; *for single cavity mold in double cavity blocks, like our slug mold. For two cavities in the double cavity blocks, max. diameter is .600 inch.

Round ball molds require the use of a carbide ball to create.  These items are expensive, and is reflected in the prices for custom round ball molds.  Diameters of .690 and below is $150 set up fee in addition to the regular mold price and diameters of .690 and above require a $250 set up fee in addition to our regular mold price.

Lead time for all custom molds is 120 days.  If 25 or more of the same mold is ordered at the same time we will waive the set up fee.  Dealer discounts apply only to orders of 100 or more.

Lee Precision, Inc.
4275 Highway "U"
Hartford, WI  53027
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Anduril

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
End of group buys?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 01:19:11 PM »
55 bucks is still less than $10 a hole.  Not at all bad for a custom mold.  
If you are still looking for takers on that 25-20 mould, count me in for a plain base.
Thanks for your work on this.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
End of group buys?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 01:13:07 AM »
Reply to : Oldfeller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now seriously nowYou need to pick up the phone and call Pat at Lee and talk to him. Thatstuff they send out electronically to johnny everybody never has applied to us (not to me anyway) as we have always negotiated better deals than what they publicise in their web pages. And we do have upper level FFLs in the group (bothcurio, 1 2 & 3if need be). And Lee knows this. This group is not without size and some small amount of pull, as gun groups go.How much wiggle room is there? Depends. While Aladin was stuck waiting to cut his mold I brain-farted out the .44 Terminator mold run complete from design to cut to shipped all in about what, 30 days? I caught that ever moving wave just right, simply because I talked to the boys at Lee on the phone enough that they know me.And I didn't pay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(obviously quoted from elsewhere, but reliavant here)

Well thought through!  Very reasonable approach - negotiation.

These moulds stir up great interest in Lee products.  I (for one) wouldn't own a Lee mould - until I drew up BD's 45.  Now I'm planning on owning three or four more of the 6-ers (obviously the 3 current ones and the Fat30).

Gee, maybe even JUMPTRAP would go for one!  (OK, weak attempt at humor.)

Call on the phone, bring this up on MANY forums, call your Senitor - do what it takes!
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)