Author Topic: Illinois in Dec.  (Read 413 times)

Offline wvbowman04

• Trade Count: (0)
Illinois in Dec.
« on: June 23, 2004, 05:47:40 PM »
Well I found out what my graduation present is going to be.  A deer hunting trip for me and my dad to Pike county, Ill. or any of the surrounding counties.  The thing is with me starting college this summer the only time we can go is late December.  We are wandering if any of you have any experience with hunting that time of year out there??  (were deer sighted often, was there still some decent bucks runnin around, etc.)  Can anybody recommend a good outfitter??  We have been looking at the Heartland Lodge, Adams Pike outdoors, and Ill. Wildlife connections.  Thanks in advance.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer with his buddies for a lifetime.

This isn't a beer gut!!  Its a feul tank for a sex machine!!

Offline ahunter55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://members.sanasys.com/~jlaw/
Illinois
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 04:40:26 AM »
I was born & raised in Ill. & now live 1/2 hour from my home but in Iowa (right on Miss. River & Ill.,Ia border).  Been Bowhunting deer for 48 years.
After Gun seasons you see very few deer until around Christmas-at least areas we hunt-some private, some public.  Weather can be nice OR BITTER COLD, snow or no snow.  Major RUT is over.
I cannot recommend any outfitters as being from this part of the country think PIKE is over rated because of outfitters.  Ill. has good deer in almost any county thou access is becoming more difficult to private BUT, there are several excellent PUBLIC access areas.  Bowhunting North America Videos (web page) has a video with information & maps on Public Access Bowhunting in Ill., Iowa & Ws..
Good luck & enjoy your hunting.  Remeber this thou-we don't have a giant behind every tree, no matter what your told.
always thankful