Author Topic: 25-06 Barrels available!  (Read 717 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
25-06 Barrels available!
« on: June 24, 2004, 09:16:35 AM »
Yippee!!! Just got a call from H&R, they're shipping my .25-06 and .243 barrels and frame with trigger job to me next week! Been waiting patiently since early May.....almost convinced myself it might be safe to shoot the .223 barrel with my pardner(SB1) frame but have resisted the urge. Glad it's on the way, finally!
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
25-06 Barrels available!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 01:37:33 PM »
Hey, that's great news!!!

Offline rmtaylor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
25-06 Barrels available!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 01:59:46 PM »
Congrats, Not bad turnaround time compared to my experience. Do you have much experience with a 25/06? I have heard people talk about getting one but have not talked to anyone with actual experience hunting with them.

Richard
NRA Member
Living in Michigan but  "MY Home's in ALABAMA"

Offline tacomaj

• Trade Count: (0)
25-06 Barrels available!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 03:38:03 PM »
Richard,

I have hunted with the Ultra Hunter 25.06.  Its an awesome round. I use the Federal Premier 117 gr Sierra  Loads and reload a lot for it also.  I don't suggest shooting a deer close in to you because of the big time wound it makes.  I have shot them at 100 to 250 yards with it and it will do the job as good as my 270 will. Going to try some 120 grain Speer bullets this year.  

Accuracy is very good after barrel is broke in.

Good luck, Taccomaj

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
25-06 Barrels available!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 04:55:06 PM »
tacomaj - I have the 25-06 also and use a Lee Loader for loading 117 gr. sierra spitzers over 42.2 gr. of IMR 4350. Do you have any load suggestions. I'm thinking 49.0 gr. might be better. I too am gonna give the 120's a try later. I'm thinking of going with the Core-Lokts to see how they do first before I try any of the more expensive bullets. I'll post up some info after I test them. Have you loaded any 120's yet?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
25-06 Barrels available!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 07:43:57 PM »
No, I haven't had any experience with the .25-06, but I've been reading a lot about it here, is the reason I ordered it. I'm shooting factory ammo, don't do enough shooting to make handloading practical. I'm just glad the long wait is almost over, they originally told me it would be 5-8 weeks before the barrels would be in stock so I was expecting a longer wait. I think I sent the frame in the second week of May.... 2 weeks later they said the barrels were back ordered and it would take another 6-8 weeks after that for me to receive my order. I was quite surprised that they called me to let me know what was going on.....2 more weeks and I should be making smoke!