Author Topic: Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24  (Read 555 times)

Offline KTMNealio

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24
« on: June 24, 2004, 10:18:33 AM »
Tried out my new scope finally.  The glass is really nice.  The light transmission is excellent, except above 20x it gets dark.  In the middle of the day, its fine, but when it started to get dim last night I had to lower it down to 18x so I could see clearly.  I can see where the one guy was complaining about light transmission, but just clicking the magnification down a few power makes everything all better.  The adjusters are excellent.  I really like the scope.
My only complaint is the eye relief, because it does not seem to be very forgiving.  I had a hard time staying in the sweet spot.  I think moving the scope forward a 1/2 inch or so might help.  However, it seemed to be harder to keep in the eye relief than it should be.
Also after a while I my eyes got tired or something and the crosshairs looked somthing other than black.  They looked like black looks on a film negative.  Never experienced this with a scope before.
Is this because I'm not at the optimum distance for the eye relief??
 - Nealio

Offline Steelhead

• Avid Poster
Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 10:58:51 AM »
Is this because I'm not at the optimum distance for the eye relief??

Nope, it's because it is a Bushnell Elite.
Deactivated for behavior in response to a warning from GB.

Offline Spot Shooter

• Avid Poster
Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 02:57:58 PM »
Steelhead,

I think that comment's unwarranted, Bushy elite's have 95% light transmission (but this is through the scope not through each lense like Leupold quotes).

The issue here is the size of the light beam coming out.  With 50mm, at 24x yer at about 2mm of light diameter going into yer eye.  Depending upon yer eye (most average around 3mm) dilation the scope will start getting dark when you go much below 2.5mm of light coming out.  

Spot
Spot

Offline KTMNealio

Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 07:13:56 AM »
Yeah, I haven't had the problem since.  I think it was a low light issue.  Also the eye relief is only really touchy when I'm runnin it at 24x.  It seems to be a great scope.
 - Nealio