Author Topic: More pics of the rest  (Read 597 times)

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
More pics of the rest
« on: June 25, 2004, 08:04:04 AM »
Here are some more close up shots.  I have thought through some of the work and have decided there is a better way for some of it.  Will detail as I go.

This was about the most complicated part to make and when I thought it out later I have simplified it in my mind a LOT.  This is the carrier that holds the bars that lift the arm.  As the handle turns the threaded carrier moves down the rod forcing the rest arm up or down, depending on which way you turn the handle.

To simplify this on the next one, there will be no welding.  It will be a small block of aluminum that is drilled and tapped to accept the thread rod to allow movement.  It will also be drilled and tapped to bolt the arms to on the side.  One piece, no welding equals more reliability.

This is a close up showing the "T" nut that is brazed onto the thread rod.  This part is important because it cannot move up and down the rod.  It is the constant.

This is the other end of the thread rod.  This "tower" as I call it, holds the end of the thread rod with a lock nut that allows you to adjust the slack out of the thread rod.  I show another pic that is a top view too to see how the nut is in place.

Lastly is the leveling adjustment bolts.  They are pretty self explanitory.

Let me know if you need more info.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!