Poll

What caliber do you carry more?

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closed: July 03, 2004, 09:55:10 AM

Author Topic: What caliber do you carry more?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline inluvwithsara

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
the 9mm vs 45acp argument...
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2004, 05:59:16 AM »
Shot placement is a huge issue with guns and calibers...a hit with a smaller bore gun is beter than a miss or graze with a 44 or 45.
Also a seacamp in the pocket is better then a 1911 in a drawer or glove compartment...when my wife makes a sub 2 inch group with a 9mm and a 6+ inch group with a 40, I'd go 9mm...and in followup shots...6 shots on target in 9mm in the time it takes to shoot a 40 or 45 twice...so for her the 9mm is great...my wife would carry a Glock 19 or 26 all day, but thinks I am weird for carrying a 44 sbh all day...(not my city carry mind you)
for those who shy away from the 1911 weight...If I didn't have the Glock 30, the 36 would be in my holster...
All that said, think it as this...if I was to take you to a magical gun store that had every handgun...and said that a week from now you are going to be in a gun fight...suddenly money and weight is not much of an issue...I'd walk out the door with a  Wilson CQB...(Drool)...or a 629/redhawk/625 or any smith or ruger 45colt wheelgun...for me I still won't carry smaller then a +p 9mm or 38+p...I am too young to be called old school in my caliber thinking...I just like big holes...I personaly love 12 gauges...and swear a bussiness end of a double barrel 12 gauge is the scariest thing to have pointed at you...fear makes it look like the barrel could hid a baseball...heck a 32 starts looking big on the bussness end...

And for my skills...I will never be fast enough or acurate enough...so I keep practicing...till I make a sub .45" hole with my mag of 45acps, and my draw cause a space time continuem problem...we can always be better...
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Offline halfbreed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2005, 01:54:02 PM »
I prefer a 44 mag, carried on the streets with 44 spcl's. however at the time my 629 is back at S&W, well see how that works out. As far as the issue of not hitting what you are shooting at, either practice more, or get something that will work for you.
Halfbreed

Offline S.S.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2005, 04:24:38 AM »
Mine is not listed..
My car gun is an Enfield #2 Mk1 *
This handgun fires a 38/200 cartridge.
If my car is rolling this gun is in it, so I would
have to say I have it with me most of the time.
As a carry weapon on my person it would
be a Custom S&W Model 1917 1n .45 auto rim.
or a Springfield National Match 1911 in .45 acp.
I like a heavy bullet !
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".