Author Topic: Looking for Colt Root revolver parts  (Read 625 times)

Offline Dalton Masterson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • Plum Creek Leather Works
Looking for Colt Root revolver parts
« on: July 07, 2004, 04:29:29 PM »
Lookin for internal parts for Root revolvers. Trying to keep it an Ebay and classifieds type project. Let me know if ya got anything!! DM

Offline Gatofeo

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 06:01:46 AM »
I believe Dixie Gun Works has a few parts for that old Colt percussion revolver, springs and screws. I don't have a catalogue handy and can't check.
Only about 40,000 of these little revolvers were made, not much of a production run. Parts may be a booger to find but Ebay, Ebang and forthehunt.com may be your best bets.
Also, a company called Wiesner's (spelling?) has a lot of parts for the older guns, though I think they deal mostly in rifle parts. Search the net for them.
I'll be in Hartford, Connecticut in October and hope to visit Sam Colt's grave. You want I should bring a Ouija board and ask him what he did with all the old parts?  :)
"A hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44."

Offline filmokentucky

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 07:07:16 AM »
Dalton- Try Dixie's on-line catalog-just type dixie gun works in your browser window- also you can try auction arms and gunbroker.com and other on-line auction houses. They often have parts up for bid.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
T.M.A. Member
N.R.A. Endowment Life Member

Offline Dalton Masterson

• Avid Poster
    • Plum Creek Leather Works
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 07:38:44 AM »
Thanks. I have never heard of Ebang or forthehunt. I will have to check them out. I am still diggin around for my dixie catalog. Should just order another one. As for the Ouija board. FInd out where all the lost
walkers are as well!!! DM