Author Topic: stock drop problem?  (Read 424 times)

Offline bluebayou

• Trade Count: (0)
stock drop problem?
« on: July 12, 2004, 09:26:47 PM »
Does anyone else have a problem with the drop not being enough on their stock?  I am finding my self shooting with the bottom corner of the buttpad on my collarbone.  I am shooting a Simmons with poor eye relief on medium Leupold Rifleman rings.  Would a Huntsman stock or a straight shotgun stock help?  I also was eyeballing some kind of adjustable bolt on butt replacement (no jokes) thing that allowed for drop, pitch, etc.  It was for trap/skeet shooting, maybe in Brownells.  Or maybe is just the eyerelief issue?  With the 44 barrel and the reddot I shoot normally.

Offline Wlscott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
stock drop problem?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 03:41:54 AM »
What kind of stock are you shooting?  Is is a Monte Carlo, or a straighter Handi stock?  

Since you say;

I am finding my self shooting with the bottom corner of the buttpad on my collarbone.

I'm going to assume that the scope is too low.  If this is the case, you need to raise the scope up, not down.  You can do this one of two ways; one, you can use taller scope rings, or two, you can put an Ultra buttstock on the gun (This is the way I would go).  

The Ultra has a raised Monte Carlo stock that is better suited for use with a scope.

Hope this helps.
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters