Author Topic: Wife wants AR!  (Read 728 times)

Offline curiousgb

• Trade Count: (0)
Wife wants AR!
« on: July 17, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »
My wife (active Navy) has decided that she needs an AR so she can practice. Who am I to argue! Problem is I don't know much about the rifle. I need one that will approximate the standard issue. But I also want something that is accurate and can be tinkered with. The A3's look interesting. Any suggestions?
George in Charleston

Offline tjf76

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
Wife wants AR!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 02:58:12 AM »
George,
go to AR15.com  there is a lot of info for ya.
hope this helps
tjf76 :wink:

Offline Buford

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
Wife wants an AR?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 03:14:27 AM »
I hope you appreciate that wife! She is a good one!

Offline mainehunt

Wife wants AR!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 04:05:19 AM »
I suggest buying a Bushmaster, no matter which receiver design.  Good luck, and be glad that your wife wants it!

Offline hoser

Wife wants AR!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 08:01:22 AM »
My wife bought herself an AR-15 last winter.  I have a Bushy A3 with 16" barrel which she liked so she bought a Colt in the same configuration.  We took a tactical rifle course last spring using the AR's with no problem from either.  My Bushy has over 3000 rounds through it and will chamber anything.  Her Colt has around 1500 rounds now but doesn't like some handloads unless the case length and sizing are perfect.  The stock on her Colt is a little long for her so will be getting a shorter stock soon.  She was hitting 12' X 18" steel targets at 600 yards prone with a bipod  as was I so accuracy on both is adequate for all practical uses.