Author Topic: Which XD?  (Read 411 times)

Offline Bagpiper

• Trade Count: (0)
Which XD?
« on: July 21, 2004, 08:45:32 AM »
After much reading and handling, I have decided to get a Springfield XD in 9mm. But I wanted to know is there any real difference(besides size) between the 4" barrel and the 5" barrel. Thanks in advance.

Offline Flinch

Which XD?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 09:53:46 AM »
There is not much difference in my opinion. The 4" would be a little easier to conceal, but the 5" would have a little better site radius which may, or may not, shoot a little more accurate for you. Also the longer barrel will throw bullets just a tad faster but probably only a few fps. My neighbor has an XD40, 4" barrel, its a great gun for the money.

Offline TScottW99

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
    • Scouting for wildlife
Which XD?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 04:17:36 AM »
Flinch covered all the differences but two.  The "Tactical" can be hard to find and is a little more expensive.  :wink:

I own a 4" XD9 and love it.  I'm at about 800 rounds through it, Winchester White Box 115, Remington UMC 115, Blazer FMJ 115, Corbon 125 +P JHP and Federal 135 Hydra.  Zero problems with the exception of one FTE due to an after market magazine for Beretta. With factory mags this gun has been 100%.

Also another difference, the 4" is easier to find holsters for.  I use a Sidearmor (  http://www.sidearmor.net ) IWB and have a OWB modular on order.  There are alot of other holster makers starting to make holsters for the XD also, Don Hume, High Noon, Tucker, Blade-Tech, etc... etc...
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

-Theodore Roosevelt