Author Topic: 6BR Improved  (Read 764 times)

Offline Chaz

• Trade Count: (0)
6BR Improved
« on: August 03, 2004, 03:12:13 PM »
Anybody have info on the 6BR imp. or 6MM dasher? looking to build one need to find a source for dies and so forth.
Chaz

Offline Catfish

6BR Improved
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 01:00:53 AM »
What are you going to do the the BR case to improve it????? When you go to a larger case your velosity increase is 1/2 of the volume increase of the case. With the BR case there is ver little room to increase it hence you will get about no gain in velosity. You can also improve the accuracy potenical of some rounds by improveing them, but the BR case in it`s present form is probibly the most common case in used today by the bench rest crowd. I know that I`m a good one to talk with all the different wildcat I have laying around here, because I know that when it comes to building a wild cat rifle it`s not a matter of need, but a matter of of haveing something different that will do the job alittle better. ( And, Most of that is in our head.)

Offline Javelina

• Avid Poster
6mm Dasher
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 12:12:05 PM »
Hi Chaz,

Try the following for starters - both these guys chamber for the 6mm Dasher:

http://www.z-hat.com/Reamers%20Avail.htm

http://www.bryantcustom.com/services/availabl.htm

If you have a T/C Encore chambered for the 6mm Dasher, Virgin Valley Custom Guns can usually rent the appropriate reamer for your project, even though they don't list the 6mm Dasher in their standard calibers.  There are other T/C smiths that will also rent the reamers and rechamber for you if you want to go that route using an existing barrel.

To find more resources for the 6mm Dasher, use www.vivisimo.com and type 6mm Dasher into the "Search" box, you should be able to follow that trail fairly easily.  The Vivisimo search engine clusters its results better than the non-gun friendly Google and I have had much better luck with it - give it a shot (pun intended!).

Good luck!

Safe and good shooting to you!   :D

Javelina
If I had a dollar for every time I wanted another Contender or Encore, I'd have about $855,627,452,918

Offline dr71749

• Trade Count: (1)
6mm Dasher
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 04:25:12 PM »
Had Mike Bryant chamber a 6mm Dasher for me. Setup for heavy bullets,95-105 VLD's works great. Highly reccomend him and his work.  Can get velocity around 3050-3100 FPS with 105 vld's.

Offline Javelina

• Avid Poster
Bryant
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 05:37:43 PM »
Hi dr71749,

Was your 6mm Dasher in an Encore by any chance?  If so, what is your barrel length?

Thanks!

Safe and good shooting to you!   :D

Javelina
If I had a dollar for every time I wanted another Contender or Encore, I'd have about $855,627,452,918

Offline dr71749

• Trade Count: (1)
dasher
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 12:28:00 AM »
Rem. 40X,  29.5" Hart barrel.