Author Topic: Herter's lubrisizers-what dies work in them?Source?  (Read 447 times)

Offline flintman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Herter's lubrisizers-what dies work in them?Source?
« on: August 09, 2004, 03:49:24 AM »
I have one I traded for-just wish it were a Lyman 45,450,or 4500 or an RCBS!Anyways,do any of you know if Saeco resizing dies work?It looks a lot like a Saeco,just as strong it seems,and in pretty decent shape.It has I think,a .358" sizing die in it and a top punch.Thank you all,Jeff Stamper,phone is 276-783-9746. :D
John 3:16

Offline Leftoverdj

• Trade Count: (0)
Herter's lubrisizers-what dies work in them
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 05:41:05 AM »
Lyman or RCBS dies work fine in mine, so do their top punches. You have done better than you know. I've had a couple of Lyman 450s and they went while the old Herter's stayed. The Herter's is a lot stronger and has better alignment.

Only thing that has ever given me any trouble is the set screw that secures the dies. I replaced that with an allen head set screw and I deepen the groove on the die body with a cutoff wheel in a Dremel tool. Don't need to deepen the whole groove, just a short section right under the caliber marking so you can see where to line it up.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline flintman

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Lyman H&I sizer dies do not fit this one!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 10:29:34 AM »
Tried them today.Base of the Blue Ridge?I'm in Marion,Virginia.Where do you live at?
John 3:16

Offline Leftoverdj

• Trade Count: (0)
Herter's lubrisizers-what dies work in them
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 03:18:33 PM »
NW of Charlottesville.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.