Author Topic: NEF/H&R OR ENCORE?  (Read 1976 times)

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
NEF/H&R OR ENCORE?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2004, 04:22:41 AM »
Just another 5.00 you have to give to the DNR. You buy your hunting lic. and that lets you hunt with rifle, ML, or bow. If you pistol hunt then you have to spend the extra 5.00 for the stamp. Kinda like if you want a to shoot a extra antlered deer you have to buy the extra 10.00 stamp or if you want to beer hunt it is 5.00 for the bear stamp to be legal. I usually spend about 50.00 to 60.00 in my lic. and stamps every year.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
NEF/H&R OR ENCORE?
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2004, 06:06:12 AM »
Getting back to the original  post...go with the NEF...the Encores and Contenders..while they do offer a larger caliber selection(a-lot of propritary cartridges too)...still isn't enough reason to buy one for me.They both are known to have mis aligned chambers...wrong size hinge pins..and a bunch of mis-fire problems..that we Handi owners don't have as a genneral rule.Don't misunderstand me...there are hundreds of happy Encore and Contender owners that swear by theirs...just as we have a loyal following here..but...dollar for dollar...you can't beat the Handi's...you can treat them like a boat oar :wink: ..or you can dress them up and make them real pretty too with new parts and stocks...the choice is yours...as to the accuracy of these little rifles...check out the postal match results...to see how these so-called "utility" rifles stack up against those that 2x3 times as much...then deceide......

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
NEF/H&R OR ENCORE?
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2004, 06:48:25 AM »
You said it Mac. I agree 100%. Dollar for dollar the the TC is'nt close to the NEF/H&R. 200.00 for the H&R and 500.00 for the TC. Choice is pretty easy to me. H&R all the way.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline gwhilikerz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
NEF/H&R OR ENCORE?
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2004, 07:07:33 AM »
BBF Maybe you should move across the border to KY.  No handgun stamp. :grin:  We do have a concealed carry permit law but about the only place you can't carry concealed is in a courthouse or city hall. Makes me wonder what the politicians are afraid of. :wink:  We buy our hunting license and then a deer permit (good for two deer, with additional deer tags available for a few more deer). It doesn't matter what legal weapon you use as long as you choose the correct one for the season.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
NEF/H&R OR ENCORE?
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2004, 07:51:28 AM »
Hay fellows!  Here in Alaska, we can all carry concealed.  No permit, no stamp, nothing.  Just strap er on, put on your coat an go.  Kind of makes the mugger think first ya know.   javascript:emoticon(':blaster:')
javascript:emoticon(':blaster:')
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Mitch in MI

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/
NEF/H&R OR ENCORE?
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2004, 06:39:45 PM »
Quote from: BIGBOREFAN
What is a handgun permit.

Something you need if you live in a Police State. You go to the police station, fill out a little form, they run a background check, take your $2, and give you your "green card". You take it to the seller, he staples half of it to his green card and sends it to the authorities to show he sold it to a licensed purchaser. You take the other half back to the cop shop, along with the gun, and they record the serial number and give it a "safety inspection". The whole thing is just a registration scheme. Getting caught with a short gun is bad news, if you don't have a green card with matching serial number handy.

The best part is that the permit is only good for a single purchase made within 10 days of issue, so if you want to go to a weekend gun show, you have to buy the permit in advance, and if you want to go to another show in two weeks, you have to get another permit. ;-(

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
NEF/H&R OR ENCORE?
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2004, 08:53:01 PM »
The "handgun permit" I was referring to is the same as (very similar to) a concealed carry permit. It is issued under Chapter 140 of the General Laws of Massachusetts and allows you to buy, posess and carry a handgun for specific and very special reasons, target and hunting ONLY, personal protection and lately the catch-all "for all lawful purposes". It costs (hold onto you hat, $100.00 for 4 or 5 years!!! This darn liberal state is trying to stop everyone from being able to carry a gun, one way or another!!!
Remember this at the polls when that bum and liar, that gigilo, John F.(ing) Kerry is asking for your vote. He missed 92% of the votes in the senate but won't resign his seat. He's taking a salary from the citizens of this commonwealth but not doing the job, of course thats nothing new from him...I don't know why and how he oe any democrat gets elected in this state, I have only met 3 people here over the last 20 or so years who have claimed to be democrats, of course I never had much to do with them again....<><.... :oops:  (embarrassed of my state)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Fred M

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Fred The Reloader and Wildcatter
NEF/H&R OR ENCORE?
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2004, 05:34:26 AM »
MSP Ret
The Canadian Government must have learned from that. Just got a notification that my FAC(Firearm acquisition Certifcate) is about to expire it only good for 5 years. $80.00 to renew. Our registration system has cost over a billion $ and is milking the taxpayer to keep a bunch of lazy burocrates employed to shuffle useless paper.

Required is filling out 2pages of question, and affidavit from your wife and another one from your banker or other such person plus passport pictures.

Talk about keeping people away from guns, while some of the biggest crooks an criminals circulate freely with enough guns to start a gang war.
What a joke. :cry:
Fred M.
Fred M.
From Alberta Canada.

Offline huntnut

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
NEF/H&R OR ENCORE?
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2004, 06:20:42 AM »
Well I desided to go with the encore I love hand cannons. I'v had a couple contenders in 44 and 35 rem, but think the encore is a better deal for me I can get my favoret cal the 270 in a 15' pistol barrel and 22-250 for small cretters, also my 8 year old loves to shoot pistol to so I can get 204. 223 or the 22-250 that he can shoot. He shot me 44mag contender a couple times with light reloads, I just would put my hands on top of his, but he was holding the gun I just wanted to make sure it didnt come back and hit him in the face.
AIM SMALL MISS SMALL 1 SHOT 1 KILL