Author Topic: Topper Deluxe Classic. Got one.  (Read 594 times)

Offline mufb

• Trade Count: (0)
Topper Deluxe Classic. Got one.
« on: August 12, 2004, 09:43:50 AM »
Wonderfal lady that manages the sporting goods at my local Walmart ordered one for me last week. All I needed was the UPC code. She got the only one that SportsSouth had in stock. 143.57 plus tax out the door. Picked it up today. Wood is walnut, figure only so-so. Fit not as nice as it could be, but most H&R wood could fit better. Very tiny nick in the vent rib, not enough to send it back. Chambered for 3 1/2 inch shell. Recoil pad, dull nickel on the receiver. Length of pull seems shorter than on my other shotguns, but I didn't measure it. Needed a good cleaning. Comes with modified choke and a humoungous trigger lock that would take a crow bar to get off. Will have it out this weekend for a little trap. Anybody know what brand screw in chokes fit this? Thanks.
"Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 05:22:58 PM »
mufb,

You sure know how to make a guy  :cry: ! I have been waiting for one of those since I have heard about them. Congratulations, you are the very first person that I have heard even seen one, let alone owns one.

The choke system is "Win-Choke". Which includes Winchester, Mossberg, Browning.

Is the wood checkered or not? I have seen pictures of it with and without checkering. Just wondered which way they ended up going?

I'll have to put one on special order.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline mufb

Checkering
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 01:09:36 AM »
Negative on the checkering.  The walnut is really quite plain. Standard bluing, you'd think if they considered this the premium of the line, it would have a nice deep blue job. Certainly not bad for the bucks tho. Will be trying it this weekend.
"Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 06:39:34 AM »
Well, I got all excited and called customer service.  They told me it would still be another 2 months or so before the barrels would be ready for the accessory program.   :x
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 06:43:55 AM »
The Barn gun is a 1950 ish $16.50 Topper Goose gun ,and what ever it hits it blows up,I carry two between my left hand fingers and have gotten Skunks,Coyotes,Bobcats and busted a bear in the but with #2.Ugly looking ,but keeps on ticking.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington