Author Topic: Measurement Spec for NEF barrel  (Read 421 times)

Offline eddiesa223

• Trade Count: (0)
Measurement Spec for NEF barrel
« on: August 12, 2004, 09:11:04 PM »
Hi, I have an old H&R receiver. I do not have any new barrels yet. Anyone please assist to make measurement for the barrel cos I wanted to know whether it fits the receiver. Thanks.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Measurement Spec for NEF barrel
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 04:29:14 AM »
Eddie, I'll try to help but it may be difficult to determine if a barrel will fit (properly!!) if yours is an old receiver. Lets start by telling those of us here what is printed on the receiver, usualy on the left side, include all words and numbers, give the serial number with xxx for the last 3 numbers OK?. Also does it have a barrel on it now? If so what is printed on that barrel and where. Also if it has a forearm how is it attached to the barrel, with a spring catch/latch or a screw through the forearm. If it has a barrel measure the barrel attaching lug's length and tell us how long and how wide (thick) it is. Does the buttstock hve an upper and/or lower tang through which screws go into the stock or is the buttstock attached with a singlew through-bolt through the rear of the buttstock under the buttplate?.....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley