Author Topic: Trade Big Water STS Fishing for Elk hunting out West  (Read 1375 times)

Offline 7mm MAGNUM

• Trade Count: (0)
Trade Big Water STS Fishing for Elk hunting out West
« on: August 15, 2004, 03:23:40 AM »
I live in the North-East section of lower Michigan and own a fully equipped 27 foot SeaRay Cruiser that I use to fish for Salmon,Trout, & Steelhead on Lake Huron.

I'm willing to trade a weeks worth of fishing for a weeks worth of hunting out West for ELK.

I've been trying this Michigan Lottery System of ours for over 20 years,.... and am STILL waiting  :roll:  for a chance at one  :cry:  :(   and I'm not getting any younger!

(Time for a new strategy!! :twisted:  )

This offer is for whomever is willing to trade plus a friend if you'd like,.. in return for the same.  

(Best dates for big salmon are the end of July through September up here)
Shoot Straight & Stay Safe!   :D

Terry Webster

Life Member NAHC
Life Member NAFC
Life Member NRA
Michigan Steelheaders Assn
MUCC
Michigan Bow Hunters Assn

Offline 7mm MAGNUM

Trade Big Water STS Fishing for Elk hunting
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 07:53:17 AM »
I just checked with the Michigan DNR website to see the drawing results for this years ELK drawing,.... unsucessful AGAIN!!  :coffee:

(There's GOT to be a BETTER way than this one,... this is just not right!!)

Terry Webster

Life Member NAHC
Life Member NAFC
Life Member NRA
MUCC

Offline .358buddy

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:27:00 AM »
I am not replying specifically for myself.  But my son and family live on the other side of Lake Michigan not far from the penn.  Your are more than welcome to come North West to Alaska and hunt deer,bear,elk
and take all the haibut home you can carry in exchange for taking my son
out to catch some nice fish.

Neal Cooper
Kodiak Alaska

Offline 7mm MAGNUM

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 09:59:05 AM »
Quote from: .358buddy
I am not replying specifically for myself.  But my son and family live on the other side of Lake Michigan not far from the penn.  Your are more than welcome to come North West to Alaska and hunt deer,bear,elk
and take all the haibut home you can carry in exchange for taking my son
out to catch some nice fish.

Neal Cooper
Kodiak Alaska

Hello .358 buddy,...

Now that's a good offer.  :-)  I have never been to Alaska. I'd be more than happy to take your boy and family (up to 3 others + myself) out on Lake Huron to do some STS fishing.   8)

I head out from the Alpena marina and normally fish out about 23-25
miles from port. Plenty of good fishing out around Rockport just North of Thunder Bay Island. Have they any experience fishing with downriggers, planner boards, and Dipsy Divers?? I'm currently working 5 days a week (tues- Sat) Where in North-Western Michigan do they reside?

I know I won't be able to get out Alaska way this year,... I'm going out West (Idaho) this October to do a little Wapiti hunting for about 2 weeks. But maybe in the following year or two I could get up that way. I've always wanted to,.. and so has my wife. Just with 2 teenage kids one still in high school and one starting college this fall It makes it a little hard to.

Find out about a time span for your son and I"ll see what I can do about it on my end.

Thanks!

Terry Webster

Life Member NAHC
Life Member NAFC
Life Member NRA
MUCC

Offline .358buddy

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 10:23:48 AM »
If you would like we can keep this corespondents going through
ncooper@alaska.com.
My son has never used down riggers that I am aware of.  In fact here
we just toss a lure,jig or fly and bingo.  Personally I don't fish much any more.  I catch what I and my family need for the year and that is about it.
Guess to many years of cleaning and smoking fish have taken there toll.
When  August first rolls around I am on a mountain looking for a new world record buck.  August twenty and I will be on a mountain carrying my wifes goat out.  Elk, Caribou and moose open at that time also.  Those
three plus deer and black bear you ,may hunt without a guide.

My son actually lives and hour and a half south of Green Bay in Wisconsin.
He play's in the U.P.

I am a handgun hunter since 1976

Neal Cooper
309 Erskine Ave # 211
Kodiak Alaska  99615
907-486-2268   3 hrs behind you