Author Topic: 12 stage 61 .36's  (Read 470 times)

Offline Cactus Cris

• Trade Count: (0)
12 stage 61 .36's
« on: August 15, 2004, 04:00:57 PM »
Just did a 2 match, 2 day 12 stage weekend.  Used my 61 Navies .36.  Shot all 12 stages with out having to clean, never had a cap jamb, all rounds went off 1st time, only 3 misses total for the pistols.  Love them Treso nipps!!!!!  Proved to myself that it could be done. :eek:  8)
Cactus Cris  SASS 2790  Darkside Posse, Cart maker, Corral Keeper, Gpa of 6

Offline Gatofeo

• Contributor
12 stage 61 .36's
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 11:13:11 AM »
Did you use lubricant over the ball, a dry-lube wad under the ball or a greased, felt wad under the ball?
I'd be interested to learn. Thanks!
"A hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44."

Offline Cactus Cris

12 stage 61 .36's
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 01:27:12 PM »
I used a mix of lube that I had on hand- Spit patch, bore butter, and  some old Hodgens stuff, I mixed it up un a tupper container, sucked it into a dental syringe.  I put a gob of it on top of the ball, and a tiny bit on the cylinder face, spun the cylinder a few times to soften the fouling, put in holster.  The cylinders spun free the whole time.  If the fouling is wet and soft, the cylinder won't drag.  You get a buildup of wet goop at the barrel/cylinder area left side, but it goes away when ya shoot.  I don't use a felt wad cause it don't help with the fouling IMHO except in the barrel, and if there is lube on top of the ball, the fouling is soft in the barrel anyway and the next round will take it out.
Cactus Cris  SASS 2790  Darkside Posse, Cart maker, Corral Keeper, Gpa of 6