Author Topic: Mounting a Mueller 50mm with Burris Signatures  (Read 396 times)

Offline sockeye3

• Trade Count: (0)
Mounting a Mueller 50mm with Burris Signatures
« on: August 16, 2004, 04:41:53 AM »
I'm new to GBO so here it goes.  Just purchased a Mueller 50mm scope and am wondering what size rings I will need.  I am going to use dual-dovetail bases and burris signature rings.  I'm mounting this on a Howa 1500 in the 22-250 caliber.  I think this Howa takes the same bases as the Remington 700s.  I was just wondering if anyone else had mounted this scope and what they had used.  The outside diameter is actually 63mm.  Burris claims their high rings are the same as the industry standard extra high.  Does Burris make an extra high ring or will the high rings do the job?
Thanks for any information.  This is a great forum.

Sockeye3

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Mounting a Mueller 50mm with Burris Signatu
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 05:45:18 PM »
I had to use HIGH rings when I mounted mine during the product review. I'm sure you'll need to use HIGH rings also. Any scope with a 50mm or larger objective will require high rings on most all combinations.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline sockeye3

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 06:34:26 AM »
Thanks for the information Graybeard.  I'll give them a try and let you know how it worked out.
Sockeye3

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 08:07:37 AM »
you better check on that i mounted  my 50mm in burris bases with med rings just clearing the barrel depending on your barrel taper, and scope postion! but in most cases you will need high rings

Offline sockeye3

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 07:34:31 PM »
I went ahead and used the Burris Signature high rings with Burris 2 piece double-dovetail bases and have just enough clearance for the Butler Creek flip-up caps.  Just right!

Thanks,
Sockeye3