Author Topic: Walmart  (Read 985 times)

Offline pebj

• Trade Count: (0)
Walmart
« on: August 19, 2004, 07:02:48 AM »
I read somewhere that Walmart will order any riflescope that I might want and that they will match any price.

Is this true and if so, has anyone done it? Also how long will it approx. take for them to get the scope?

PS. It´s a Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40 that I´m after.

Offline marylandeer

• Contributor
Walmart
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 07:23:12 AM »
I wouldn't waste my time with wallyworld. Just get it from the www.opticzone.com or www.riflescopes.com and you will get the scope you want with no problems at all. Wallyworld told me they could get me a Tikka t3 for a lot less than anyone else could. Well after they had my money for a month they finally told me they could not get this rifle. I had to get it from a gun dealer and pay a little more money but I’m happy. Get it from a store that cares about the customer and not just a sale.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Walmart
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 08:34:11 AM »
Quote from: marylandeer
I WOULDN'T WASTE MY TIME WITH WALLYWORLD. JUST GET IT FROM THE OPTICZONE.COM OR RIFLESCOPES.COM AND YOU WILL GET THE SCOPE YOU WANT WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. WALLYWORLD TOLD ME THEY COULD GET ME A TIKKA T3 FOR A LOT LESS THAN ANYONE ELSE. WELL AFTER THEY HAD MY MONEY FOR A MONTH THEY FINALLY TOLD ME THEY COULD NOT GET THIS RIFLE. I HAD TO GET IT FROM A GUN DEALER AND PAY A LITTLE MORE MORE MONEY BUT I'M HAPPY. GET IT FROM A STORE THAT CARES ABOUT THE CUSTOMER AND NOT JUST A SALE.

http://www.onlinenetiquette.com/courtesy1.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Re: Walmart
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 08:37:21 AM »
Quote from: pebj
I read somewhere that Walmart will order any riflescope that I might want and that they will match any price.

Is this true and if so, has anyone done it? Also how long will it approx. take for them to get the scope?

PS. It´s a Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40 that I´m after.

WalMart can only order items that are in their catalogs and come from their suppliers.  I would recommend ordering optics from www.theopticzone.com or www.swfa.com Their service is excellent and their prices are as good if not better than most retail outlets.

Offline pebj

Walmart
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 09:12:41 AM »
I'm avare of theopticzone, I have ordered from them, they're great. :grin:
The thing is that a friend of mine is going to the US, Phoenix, and there's  no other retailer for Bushnell other than Walmart.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Walmart
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 10:27:54 AM »
Sportsman's Warehouse has store in Phoenix, and I know the SW here carries Bushnell. Most of the Kmarts in the Phoenix/Glendale area also carry Bushnell.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/stores_all.htm#az

Offline marylandeer

• Contributor
Walmart
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 10:41:33 AM »
quickdtoo said, WalMart can only order items that are in their catalogs and come from their suppliers. I would recommend ordering optics from www.theopticzone.com or www.swfa.com Their service is excellent and their prices are as good if not better than most retail outlets.[/quote]

Thats the same thing I said isn't it. Just mine was big and yours was little SORRY I didn't realize it until I was half way finished typing it, didn't think it was a big deal.

Oh by the way the tikka t3 that they could not get was in that catalog your talking about.

Offline pebj

Walmart
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2004, 12:37:40 PM »
Quote from: quickdtoo
Sportsman's Warehouse has store in Phoenix, and I know the SW here carries Bushnell. Most of the Kmarts in the Phoenix/Glendale area also carry Bushnell.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/stores_all.htm#az

You wouldn't happen to know how their prices are compared to theopticzone? Unfortunately they don't have an e-mail adress, I could have asked if they have the Elite in stock.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
Walmart
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 01:03:18 PM »
Have compared the Optic Zone prices to several retail shops and online sources, have never seen them lower anywhere and when you consider that Jon has free shipping, whatcha waitin for? They're never gonna be free and I doubt you'll find em for less.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Walmart
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 04:12:19 PM »
I doubt seriously there is a town anywhere in the US where Wal-Mart is the ONLY retailer of any brand of scopes. For sure not a town the size of Phoenix. I'd bet there are 50 stores there that carry them.

But it's all immaterial with folks like my two advertisers who sell via phone or the internet at prices few retailers can touch. That they advertise here and have all the glowing references from posters tells you it is safe to do business with them. Any advertiser who doesn't deal honestly with members doesn't stay an advertiser long as a few from the past can testify.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline pebj

Walmart
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2004, 08:51:22 PM »
I wonder if theopticzone will send a scope to a hotell? And if my friend isn't in his room when the delivery arrives, what happens then. I have never done anything like that. I guess it's possible somehow.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Walmart
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 12:49:18 AM »
Pebj,

We have delivered to Hotels for some of our international customers before.  We just put the hotels name and address, attention to whom ever and we have not had any problems yet.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline 7magWoodsman

• Contributor
Walmart
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 01:18:10 AM »
I have used the leave at counter motel method before and have never had a problem whatsoever. Also your friend can arrange for pick-up at a UPS or FedEx facility too...
"To me the rifle has always been the most romantic of all weapons, and of all rifles, the one I love the most is the rifle for big game." Jack O'Connor

Offline pebj

Walmart
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2004, 05:29:01 AM »
Quote from: TheOpticZone
Pebj,

We have delivered to Hotels for some of our international customers before.  We just put the hotels name and address, attention to whom ever and we have not had any problems yet.

If the scope could be left at the counter would be great. My friend is there on business so he will not be spending much time at the hotel.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Walmart
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 05:53:46 AM »
I am assuming when they are delivered at the Hotel, that it stays at the desk until he is able to pick it up.  I would just have him tell the hotel receptionist that he is expecting a package and ask them to hold on to it until he can pick it up.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline pebj

Walmart
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2004, 06:09:18 AM »
Sounds great. I just have to ask him which hotel he's staying at.