Author Topic: Nikon Monarch 10x42 or Pentax DCF/HR11 10x42  (Read 704 times)

Offline vernonp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Nikon Monarch 10x42 or Pentax DCF/HR11 10x42
« on: August 23, 2004, 07:12:15 AM »
I would like to hear from folks that have experience with both of these binoculars. I have looked through the Pentax and was very impressed but I have not checked out the Nikon. I will buy one of these and they are the same price so I need your help---------------Thanks vernonp

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Nikon Monarch 10x42 or Pentax DCF/HR11 10x4
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 07:58:44 AM »
I can not comment on the Pentax, but I have looked thru and used the Nikons.  Of all the brands that we sell, I am impressed by the Nikon ATB's.  The clarity and brightness are outstanding and $ for $ they are one of the best out there.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline jackfish

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 08:20:43 AM »
I think the Nikon Monarch ATB roof prism binoculars have a better view than the Pentax DCF HRII.  The Nikons also feel much better in my hands, whereas the Pentax feel awkward.  Plus the Nikons cost about the same, and have a 25-year warranty with the $10 No-Fault forever replacement policy.
You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 12:31:01 PM »
We have 2 Nikons and both have very good optics.  However I have a work aquaintence whose focus knob would just keep spinning, the deal inside that stops it was broke.  Nikon said it was not covered under warrantee but they would fix it anyway.  Sounded good, except it came back still broken. :?

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.