Author Topic: Handi rifle letdown  (Read 739 times)

Offline handi35

• Trade Count: (0)
Handi rifle letdown
« on: August 23, 2004, 10:45:42 AM »
After traveling 345 miles one way to go caribou hunting I pulled my 280 AI from the gunboot to only get the stock the stock bolt had seperated from the receiver during transport. this synthetic stock was installed by H&R while the receiver was back for a 45/70 barrel in April.
 Dont let this happen to you from now on my stock bolts will be secured by red locktite after the factory does the trigger job.

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
Handi rifle letdown
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:49:27 AM »
That is a new one to me, Think I need to get the socket out and do some checking. :?
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Handi rifle letdown
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 11:33:34 AM »
I think you might/should  :eek: reconsider the RED loctite. You might want to change the stock sometime yourself or even someone you may sell or will it to might want to change the stock. If you must use the BLUE loctite or even just some fingernail polish (clear is great!!)....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Handi rifle letdown
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 09:53:48 AM »
handi35
That brings to mind something I was taught as a kid.  Never take a gun hunting you haven't shot.  Had you shot yours since getting it back from NEF?  Not criticizing, just that's an easy one to overlook, especially when it was at the factory.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline handi35

Handi rifle letdown
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 10:57:28 AM »
Handirifle
 I scoped and sighted in the 45/70 also the 308 win bought at the same time. then put the 280AI barrel back on and checked it for zero. back to something I learned as a kid never take a rifle hunting that you have not checked the sights on. it will get shot for zero again before I leave this week to try again.
The reason for this post was to let others be warned so this dose not happen to them. I have known people with expenceive shotguns to get to a hunting spot and have had the same thing happen.