Author Topic: Swifties--who cares?  (Read 3121 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2004, 03:52:06 PM »
Major;

Apparently that "conbooberation of Scripture" was done by Hanoi John..
    Roger Hitchcock, standing in for Rush said it happened just as you said!!
   I like to see the Dems trying to pretend they are familiar with Scripture.

Somewhat like Teddy Kennedy addressing the W.C.T.U on the value of abstaining from old John Barleycorn...LOL

Frankly; I don't care what Hanoi John did or did not do in VietNam!  

What I care most about as a veteran and an American, is what he did AFTER RETURNING HOME!!

He gave aid and comfort to the enemy...prolonged the war, and got more men wounded and killed ....just to satisfy HIS political ambitions.

Gen Giap, in his memoirs said that if it hadn't been for the likes of Hanoi Jane and John, the N. Vietnamese probably would have thrown in the towel..

Simply said, the disgraceful conduct of these turncoats was reprehensible...and now "the chickens are coming home to roost"!

I say... praise God...a little justice at last!

P.S.  Powderman...Amen to that!!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2004, 04:51:53 PM »
Quote from: Major
In this attempt to convince the American people that we should consider him for president, he announced that his favorite Bible verse is John 16:3.

Of course the speech writer meant John 3:16, but nobody in the Kerry camp was familiar enough with scripture to catch the error.

And do you know what John 16:3 says? John 16:3 says; "They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me."
Dali Llama say that be rather profound Freudian slip!! :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Leftoverdj

Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2004, 04:16:15 AM »
Quote from: ironglow
 Gen Giap, in his memoirs said that if it hadn't been for the likes of Hanoi Jane and John, the N. Vietnamese probably would have thrown in the towel..

This is another of those wild claims with no backing. It was apparently started by Ollie North but no one has ever been able to cite the book. (Giap wrote at least four which have been published in English.) Ollie claimed it was in Giap's 1983 Memoirs which does not seem to exist.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline IntrepidWizard

Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Dali Llama

Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2004, 06:26:00 AM »
Personal comment #1 removed
bhf

Offline IntrepidWizard

Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2004, 06:50:37 AM »
Personal comment #2 removed
bhf

Offline Dali Llama

Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2004, 07:02:32 AM »
Quote from: IntrepidWizard
BM,I know by now you know where the Sun don't shine and we all now you wish to incite.
Dali Llama say he not understand why IntrepidWizard react so belligerently and negatively to mere suggestion Dali make in attempt to prevent computer problems for all??? :?  :?  Dali wonder if it be mere personal hatred for Dali that manifest itself in IntrepidWizard's inappropriate response???  Dali suggest that IntrepidWizard seek help for anger management. :-)  :D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2004, 06:54:52 PM »
<www.worldnetdaily.com>  is running a story today (8/28) about Judicial Watch considering a suit of Kerry for accepting many $$ ( according to the FBI)from the Chinese in exchange for weapons technology; ala Clinton...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline IntrepidWizard

Offline Leftoverdj

Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2004, 10:14:07 AM »
Quote from: TM7
Quote from: Leftoverdj
Tubby, the picture does exist and is in a Vietnamese museum. It's just not there for the reasons the Kerry bashers claim. The caption proves that.  

My kind of conservatism requires a dedication to truth. It does not matter whether you like or dislike someone, you seek out and tell the truth. That's a lot more important than gaining any momentary partisan advantage.

And it's something that both sides have lost sight of. There are lies and misrepresentations about Bush, just as there are of Kerry. It's not safe to take any claim about either of them as true just because you saw it on TV or the internet.

Ummmm!  What is the reason that the Vietnamese museum curators would want a picture of John Heinz Kerry in their collections? I would like to come up to speed on this fact...........???  

.................TM7

Check the picture and read the translated caption, TM7.  It's actually a picture of the then leader of Viet Nam meeting with a member of a US delegation who happened to be John Forbes (note the correct middle name) Kerry.

A look at the pictures alongside would be enlightening, but I have not seen it, don't expect to see it, and ain't going to Nam to do so. My guess would be that that wall is a series of pictures of Vietnamese politicians receiving foreign visitors just as you might see a display of an American president receiving foreign visitors.

Offline powderman

Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2004, 03:34:02 PM »
Why do I have to scroll over for almost all of the posts on this board?  POWDERMAN.  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?  :?
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Leftoverdj

Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2004, 03:47:59 PM »
A somewhat different view from Wilkepedia

The Kansas City VVAW meeting
In 1971, VVAW was holding quarterly meetings and met in different cities, including St. Louis, Missouri in July. From November 12 to 15, 1971, the group met in Kansas City, Missouri. At this meeting, a VVAW member named Scott Camil advocated the assassination of certain politicians who favored continuing the war, including Senators Strom Thurmond, John Stennis, and John Tower. This idea was quickly shouted down and was never seriously discussed.

Years later, Kerry did remember the meeting in St. Louis, where acrimonious discussions had contributed to his decision to resign from VVAW. He said, however, that he did not recall attending the Kansas City meeting, and thought that he had already resigned by then. Some people who were at the Kansas City meeting agreed that he was not there. Historian Gerald Nicosia, recounting the history of the antiwar movement in his book Home to War, stated that Kerry had resigned from VVAW at the St. Louis meeting.

In 2004, however, Nicosia said that new FBI documents included a report from an unnamed confidential source. The source recounted KerryÂ’s resignation at a VVAW meeting, but placed the event at the meeting in Kansas City rather than at the one in St. Louis. In response, KerryÂ’s office reiterated that he did not remember being at the later meeting, but added, "If there are valid FBI surveillance reports from credible sources that place some of those disagreements in Kansas City, we accept that historical footnote in the account of his work to end the difficult and divisive war."

VVAW member Randy Barnes was also quoted in the media as having seen Kerry at the Kansas City meeting. Thereafter, however, he said that he had thought that Kansas City was first but now realized that St. Louis was first. He concluded that he might have been confusing the two Missouri meetings.

The focus on the Kansas City meeting arises because of CamilÂ’s suggestion of violence. (Camil himself has said that he does not remember seeing Kerry at that meeting.) No one has contended that Kerry himself ever supported violent action. Instead, he is remembered as having advocated moderation, nonviolence and work within the system. He resigned partly because he was uncomfortable with the radicalism of some VVAW members, and partly because he wanted to run for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, which he did in 1972.

[edit]
External links
[edit]
Accounts of different recollections of Kansas City meeting
Boston Globe article (http://www.boston.com/news/politics/president/articles/2004/04/01/kerry_cant_recall_being_at_71_parley?mode=PF)
Wall Street Journal article (http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110004881)
Patrick J. Buchanan article (http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=3751)
New York Sun article (http://daily.nysun.com/Repository/getFiles.asp?Style=OliveXLib:ArticleToMail&Type=text/html&Path=NYS/2004/03/12&ID=Ar00100)
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerry_VVAW_controversy"

Offline IntrepidWizard

Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2004, 03:57:20 PM »
Lefty,as a holder of two Purple Hearts I ask you a simple question---How many men serving 4 months who received thre Purple Hearts DID NOT RECEIVE SURGERY OR DISABILITY?

Offline Leftoverdj

Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2004, 05:14:26 PM »
Quote from: IntrepidWizard
Lefty,as a holder of two Purple Hearts I ask you a simple question---How many men serving 4 months who received thre Purple Hearts DID NOT RECEIVE SURGERY OR DISABILITY?

I have no idea, Wiz. I checked the regs and neither surgery nor disability is required for a PH. Neither of the two guys I served with who got PHs needed surgery nor received disability. The threshold for the award of the PH is much lower than is commonly believed.

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2004, 12:46:59 PM »
I have said it before and I will say it again.   What Kerry did over 30 years ago isnÂ’t near as important as what he does now.   He votes for every gun control bill and against every military appropriation bill.   As Zell Miller said, what are our boys going to fight withÂ… spitwads?   Kerry will disarm both us sportsmen and our Army because we will have the UN to take care of us.
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2004, 04:16:17 PM »
Another great statement by Zell Miller...when he said that Kerry was eager to "Outsource" our national security to the UN.
   Guess he is willing to outsource our security to Germany and France....being as they are two of the few that weren't "bribed or coerced", according to hanoi John...

A great quote by a former POW...."What we wouldn't give to the VC under torture, John Kerry gave them for free."

Offline powderman

Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2004, 05:30:05 PM »
MAJOR. I believe that hanoi johns actions against his fellow soldiers and the United States 30 years ago are very important. He was a traitor then, and now. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline IntrepidWizard

Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2004, 05:55:37 PM »
Ditto and period Powder.

Offline Major

• A Real Regular
Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2004, 08:59:42 AM »
Quote from: powderman
MAJOR. I believe that hanoi johns actions against his fellow soldiers and the United States 30 years ago are very important. He was a traitor then, and now. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D

Oh, I agree that he was a traitor then (and is now) but for the average person on the street all this stuff about what happened back then is a very effective smoke screen to hide what he is doing now.   I see it as a diversionary tactic to draw the average voter away from his current activities.

:D
Deactivated as trouble maker

Offline .45 COLT

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Swifties--who cares?
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2004, 07:18:24 AM »
Quote from: Leftoverdj
An honorable discharge is good enough evidence for me.

Normally, I would agree, but when did Kerry receive an Honorable Discharge? I've heard that he didn't receive it until 2001, 29 years after his obligation was over. What was it upgraded from?
On the 19th of April, 1775, a tyrannical government sent an army to disarm its citizens. They ran into a touch of trouble.

Offline IntrepidWizard

Dan Blather
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2004, 08:05:43 AM »
Goldberg wrote a book called Biased about Blather,last night he proved it again.   http://boortz.com/nuze/