Author Topic: Barrel Finish  (Read 457 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• Trade Count: (0)
Barrel Finish
« on: August 24, 2004, 08:11:20 AM »
Is there really any difference in finish on the Ultra barrels verse ones youd find on the Handi?  Can anyone with both a Handi and Ultra confirm this?  I only have an UV 243 and I am ready to add barrel(s).  If there is a difference, it would be too bad that NEF/H&R does not list more Ultra barrels on the add-on list.  Maybe this ensures more complete gun sales!?  Thanks guys.  BuzzKill

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Barrel Finish
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 02:05:57 PM »
Buzzkill
My sons have Handi's and I have the 223 Ultra.  The Ultra barrel is polished much nicer.  That's only a plus if you're not worried about the glare.  I've covered mine in animal leg-wrap for cammo.

Yea I know, why cover it if it's prettier?  I liked the 24" and Laminate stock but hunt coyotes with it and they don't like the glare.

By the way, there is no difference in accuracy.  Maybe a slight edge in speed, but that's all.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline oneshotonekill

• Trade Count: (15)
  • A Real Regular
Barrel Finish
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 04:12:12 PM »
I've heard several people mention the ultra barrels being polished and therefore having a better finish.  I have several ultra and handi barrels and I can't tell them apart by finish.  Maybe they only polish the ones being sold as complete rifles and not as accessory barrels?

Offline hellacatcher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Barrel Finish
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 05:00:30 PM »
I see more difference in the receivers that the barrels then it is still a grab bag example my 22 hornet receiver is shiny and my 44 mag is not both are handys. I know they are different years who cares they both go bang. :?
from Tennessee---Paul