Author Topic: Update on Ironglow's grandson...  (Read 438 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Update on Ironglow's grandson...
« on: August 25, 2004, 04:38:30 PM »
As I told on this forum, he graduated USMC boot training 4/04..then to Camp Lejeune  for some advanced training (easily qualified expert, #2 rifle in company of over 260 men....
   Next, he went to Aberdeen Proving Grounds, part of the Marine detatchment training with Army ordnance.
   Studied small arms(everything smaller than artillery), graduating score 97%.  He has a special  liking for the .50 cal MG and the SAW...

Assigned to unit at camp Lejuene (company armorer)..

He was expecting to deploy to Iraq, early to mid Sept.

Found that none of his m.o.s. needed there right now...but will be needed a bit later..

A bit ahead of schedule with rank...picking up Lance Corporal early Sept.

Expect him home soon for leave...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Nightrain52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 05:41:40 PM »
You have a grandson you can be proud of ironglow. Tell him thanks from all of us for answering the call and he has our full support. 9/11/01-We will never forget. :grin:
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 06:14:06 PM »
We must never forget 911 Junkie.Glow I have two just coming back and a Grandnephew still there.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline NYH1

Re: Update on Ironglow's grandson...
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 06:33:59 PM »
ironglow, I've said it before and I'll said it again, it sounds like you have one heck of a grandson. Keep us posted on were he go's and what he does, your not boring us, TRUST ME!
 Now wipe that disgusting grin off your face, drop and give me twenty. I'm just kidding :grin:

Quote from: ironglow

Expect him home soon for leave...
Bring him to the fair!!!
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 01:53:55 AM »
Quote from: IntrepidWizard
We must never forget 911 Junkie.
:?  :?  :?
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 02:30:18 AM »
All of you that have someone over in iraq, or have had, please post their thoughts on the iraqi people. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline RIFLERANGER

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 02:37:14 AM »
Congrats on a fine grandson, Ironglow.
I only hope my children and grandchildren make me as proud as you must be.
Ranger
"HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR RIFLES TODAY ?!"

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 05:18:29 PM »
Thanks Guys;
  I am proud of him and am waiting to see him , possibly tonight or early in the morning...told him to stop by gramp's & Gram's house, no matter what the hour..
  I am not nearly as excited perhaps, as a certain little Blonde lady...don't expect to see those two anywhere but together for the duration of his leave...LOL

Powderman asked for our "first person accounts"...
  My brother and his wife celebrated their golden wedding anniversary last Sat night.

My nephew Scott, their son , is an Army Sgt. just returned from there.
He says that when he sees the info we are getting on the major networks, he has to ask himself, "Where's THAT Iraq?"

THe "strained" news just doesn't hold much reality in relation to the real thing.

True: The Iraqi troops were at first, quite unsure of themselves, perhaps afraid that the tyrants would come back into power and they did not realize what "freedom" was or meant.....BUT...

Now they are catching on and are really starting to "stand and fight".

He estimates that at least 80% of the Iraqis like and appreciate us and are glad we're there.

Yes, there are some soreheads, but not near as many as CBS,NBC, ABC and CNN would have us believe.
  Almost all the real troublemakers are from Iran,Yemen, Jordan or Syria etc. etc.

When on a long convoy, if it came time for lunch or vehicle service, they would leagure up (form vehicles into a circle), then half would eat or service while others kept watch.
  Just before he left, there were two times when they were leagured up that Iraqi civilians came to them and pointed out where some terrorists were hiding...so they sent out a detail to "deal with" the terrorists..

Now, when they see a dead goat or cow or a suspicious car or cart along side the road, they check it out and if it looks suspicious...they "put the .50 cal. on it" a few .50 cal rounds usually detonates or  de-activates any IEDs..

BTW  Scott has been to war in the Gulf three times with two different branches of service;
  He was in action in the Persian Gulf with the Navy during the Iran/Iraq conflict...switched to Army and has spent two tours in Iraq in the current conflict.
  Didn't get involved in the first Gulf war, he was "between branches" at that time...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2004, 08:13:08 AM »
Quote from: RIFLERANGER
Congrats on a fine grandson, Ironglow.
I only hope my children and grandchildren make me as proud as you must be.
Ranger
Dali Llama say he second that emotion! :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk