Author Topic: Any Info??  (Read 396 times)

Offline goose7856

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Any Info??
« on: September 11, 2004, 07:16:33 PM »
I am looking into buying a .22lr, and want to get a new scope for it.........i am extremely interested in getting the best accuracy possible from which ever CZ rimfire I decide to buy.

Does anyone have some info on the Hakko Vari 5 Zoom 3-15x56 AO??

It seems to be the best of both worlds (high mag, and wide field at low mag).

Some would say its a little big for a .22 but size really doesnt matter.  The cost is $171.  it sells at only a few online dealers.  The best price is at www.scopesnmore.com

(opticzone does not offer the scope)

I did some research on the scope b/c i akmost bought it for my 30-06, but decided to go with a buckmaster.

it is a japanese made scope.......from my knowledge, there are three main optical companies out of japan, 1. Light optical works, 2. Hakko, 3.Asian (something)

LOW is supposedly the best but its low end stuff is not better than the good Hakko stuff.........i think hakko makes scopes for other companies, but i am positive they make red dot sites that seem to do well on the market.  Just happened to stumble upon this scope, and it seems to have the best of everything (big mag range, gathers lots of light, etc)

what do yall think??
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Any Info??
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 05:09:42 AM »
I have that scope, it's BIG! It has clear edge to edge optics, but the field of view isn't all that great, in comparison to a Simmons WTC18 or Mueller 4-16x50, it's smallish. It has a fairly fine center section of the reticle, the AO is marked from 10 meters to 800 meters and has finger adjustable turrets with distinct and crisp clicks. It is a nice scope, but for the money, I think the Mueller 4-16x50 would be a better buy and costs a little less. If you are still interested in the Hakko, pm me and I'll make you a good deal on a never mounted NIB Hakko. :wink:
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain