Author Topic: New Hunting buddy  (Read 547 times)

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
New Hunting buddy
« on: September 13, 2004, 08:09:23 AM »
Hey Guys and Gals
I have found a good hunting buddy here at ANMCC ( Alternate Military Command Center)  He is a good hunter but lame on the values of the fine single shot guns that H&R/NEF make.  So I took him out today dove hunting in a public dove field(sunflower seed field about 20 aches)  I was using my NEF 16 ga and he was using his 870 pump. Well when I started to out shoot him he ask if he could try one of my single shots so I hooked him up with my 16 ga shooting 71/2 shot.  These birds up here have been hunted for over two weeks now and are a little gun shy so the full choke does great.  Well after the first two passes he looks at me ans says "I got to get me one of these guns".. Next time I'm going to take him on a bushy tail hunt with my 16 ga NEF
I'll be using my H&R topper .410 I 'll him think he can out gun me.........
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
New Hunting buddy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 10:52:44 AM »
Good for you Dave,
                             A new hunting buddy for you and a convert to the H&R addiction....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
New Hunting buddy
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 04:09:28 PM »
Good job Dave. Now turn him on to this forum and his assimilation into the single shot way of life will be complete. I have't gotten a chance to shoot any dove yet. I just know I'm missing the whole season again this year.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
New Hunting buddy
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 11:38:51 AM »
Hey Marcus
If you don't get out soon your gonna have to be picking them off the power lines.....  Its starting to get real slow here now.  But opening day was wild !!!!!!  I limted out in 2  hours of hunting.  Then the other day it took me 5 hours. We aren't seeing the dove coming to the field in flocks any more one and two at a time now.  In another few weeks they are gonna figure out it just ain't worth the risk for sunflower seeds.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)