Author Topic: Bushnell Elite 4200 ????  (Read 1012 times)

Offline wrboard

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Elite 4200 ????
« on: September 16, 2004, 11:41:55 AM »
I just ordered what I thought was a Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x50.  When I recieved it is has Bausch and Lomb on the tube and objective.  Is there a difference (I know Bushnell and Bausch & Lomb are in buisness together), or did I get an old model scope.

Offline Dave in WV

Bushnell Elite 4200 ????
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 12:13:27 PM »
A year or two ago Bushnell dropped the B&L name from their scopes and changed the name to Bushnell Elite. If it's a new in box scope you're not out anything because they are the same. They just dropped the B&L name from their binoculars.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Bushnell Elite 4200 ????
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 01:28:30 PM »
This may be of interest to you...

http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/brand.html#bushnell
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Shamus99

Bushnell Elite 4200 ????
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 06:41:41 PM »
wrboard,

Where did you buy the scope from?  I'm getting ready to buy one and would actually prefer the B & L moniker!

Thanks!
(I PM'd you also)

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Bushnell Elite 4200 ????
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 03:45:27 AM »
Actually the scope that he got was the 4200 series.  It is the exact same scope with as the Elite 4200.  It is the same product code (42-4165m) and the same UPC as the Elite 4200, but it just says Bausch & Lomb on the box and scope.

Wrboard bought the scope from us and we had our distributor drop ship it.  They sent the Bausch & Lomb with out notifying us, which I was not happy in the first place.  After finding out this, I made a phone call to Bushnell about this situation and they informed me that they are the exact same scope, rainguard and all, just with the Bausch & Lomb name on it.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline Shamus99

Bushnell Elite 4200 ????
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 04:46:36 AM »
Very cool, thanks for the info Jon - you guys seem to have the best prices on these and I'd like to go through one of the sponsors of the board also.

I just PM'd ya