Author Topic: looking atthe PM7-S  (Read 640 times)

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
looking atthe PM7-S
« on: September 21, 2004, 12:53:36 AM »
looking real hard at buying one of these for action pistol competions , anyone got the goods and bad on them???? they seem priced fairly well for the quality of the firearm, i like the adjustable trigger, it will need a magwell, and they call it a extended mag release? think that will get bigger also . any info will help thanks shaner

Offline C A Plater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • http://tcbunch.com
    • TCBunch.com
looking atthe PM7-S
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 06:31:46 AM »
I've got one and like it.  More accurate than me.   It has a wonderful trigger pull and I use mine for bullseye shooting so I changed springs after breaking it in.   I saw a new one in the local gun shop and looks the same as mine which is a couple-three of years old now.   YMMV

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
looking atthe PM7-S
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 05:28:59 AM »
yu say u changed spring? which ones u talkin about? an does it help?

Offline C A Plater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • http://tcbunch.com
    • TCBunch.com
looking atthe PM7-S
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 07:47:56 AM »
I changed the recoil spring for shooting wimpy bullseye loads.  As the come from the factory, they are set for ball ammo and if you shoot light loads it will not always function reliably.  If I were feeding it a steady diet of +P ammo, I might put a heavier spring in to save battering on the frame.   Wolff makes them in all weights.  I broke my gun in on hardball and after 800 rounds went to 185 grain lead SWC and light charges for target shooting.  Ejection was a problem and a lighter spring cured it.

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
looking atthe PM7-S
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 05:09:07 PM »
oh ok,, yeah that would help , i got the gun today , found out it dont like wilson clips ????? 4 of them work 2 hang in the handle they drop like half an inch  rest of the gun funtions great, i run 75 round thru it so far  more coming this weekend