Author Topic: Scope Purchase?  (Read 1211 times)

Offline hunter1001

• Trade Count: (1)
Scope Purchase?
« on: January 20, 2003, 01:58:23 PM »
Hello,
I was reading a post a couple of days ago that stated not to buy from NY camera stores.  I have found a very good price on scope at a site called Digital Photo.  Why not buy from these stores?

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope Purchase?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 02:27:14 PM »
I can't speak specifically for Digitial Photo, but a great deal of the NY houses sell gray market goods, meaning that some of the items may be blems, refurbished, without warranties, not from dealers, etc.  Many people took the risk and were burned.  I was told (but cannot confirm) that if you buy goods from gray market dealers, then the manufacturers won't honor the warranty.  

In any event, spend a few more extra dollars and buy from a well known place.  

BTW, you will notice that most major stores, web sites, etc. price match other reputable stores, but they will NEVER price match a gray market store.

Zachary

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Scope Purchase?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 07:33:45 PM »
Buy from one of the advertisers on this site. That way you help the site especially if you tell them you are buying because they advertise on this site.

AND if you have a problem I might be able to intercede for you with them to help resolve it.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope Purchase?
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 02:26:38 PM »
I forgot to mention that I bought not one, but TWO Leupold Vari-X III 4.5x-14x-50mm AO ILLUMINATED scopes from DNR Sports in the last year.  Their prices, at least on these two models, were the absolute lowest on the net, AND their service was great.

Today I just bought 6 Pachmyer Decelerator recoil pads from DNR Sports.  Take a look at my posting on the Bolt Action Rifle section.  They again had the lowest prices on these pads and I researched everywhere on the net.

Thank you DNR Sports. :D

Zachary

Offline hunter1001

• Trade Count: (1)
DNR
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2003, 03:36:19 PM »
After looking at DNR prices they are within a few dollars of the prices listed at the other site.  I really like this site and want to support sponsors of this site.  Thanks for the advice.