Author Topic: Spartan Gun Works  (Read 525 times)

Offline HuntenNut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Spartan Gun Works
« on: September 25, 2004, 11:09:35 AM »
Saw a guy in the field this morning carrying one of those Spartan single shots which are apparently made in Russia and imported by Remington. The design appears to be very similar to the EAA single which a friend of mine has--I am very un-impressed with the EAA, ugly and very poor finish on wood and blueing. I must admit that the fit and finish of the Spartan is much better than the EAA, and possibly better than NEF.

Some of the features I like:

trigger block safety

wood actually looked nicer than my pardner or any NEF I've seen.

forearm comes off without tools

no external hammer, but I have concerns about this:

I wonder how much more complicated the internals are to get the hammerless design and the break lever on the trigger guard? I would be worried about long term reliability and with safety incase the gun was dropped while loaded.

The gun does not have ejector if thats important to you. You must pull the spent shell out manually.

He said he picked it up for $79 at Gander Mountain. I think I would spend another $20 and get the Stoeger which has similar features but also has screw in chokes and vent rib and sells at GM for $99.

Anyways, I'm holding out for a Topper Deluxe Classic. Just thought I'd post my "review" as others had expressed interes in them.