Author Topic: Need some info on a subcompact.  (Read 624 times)

Offline tbull55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Need some info on a subcompact.
« on: September 27, 2004, 01:32:52 PM »
I was wondering if anyone owns and carries the Glock 33 (.357 sig).  I am looking to find a good concealed carry weapon in the .357 sig.  I have a glock 19 and 23 and like them very much , but I'm looking into the subcompacts to carry.  I would appreciate any information, good, bad or indifferent about the Glock 33 or any other subcompact .357 sig suggestions

Thanks,
Tbull55
Duct Tape is like the force!
It has a light side.
It has a dark side.
And it holds the universe together!
:D

Offline Savage

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 04:08:05 AM »
The subcompact Glocks are compact in height/length only. (Bottom of grip to top of slide/slide length) They are still a pain for me to carry because of the width of the grip and slide. I often carry a mdl 36 because the thinner grip frame carries easier for me. I can carry a Commander size 1911 easier that a 26/27/33. If you could get a Kahr in .357 Sig it would be much more concealable. Your results may vary.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Bubba w/a 45/70

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 05:54:23 PM »
tbull55,

Are you dead set on the 357 sig caliber, or will you consider another caliber?

Just wondering, because I will agree with Savage as far as the ease of concealability with the Glock 36.  Nothing fits between my pants and body like a 36 or a Gov't, just the Glock is 1/2 the weight fully loaded.
"I SHOOT BACK!"     Uncle Ted

Offline tbull55

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 03:00:21 AM »
Thankyou for the reply Savage and Bubba,

Bubba,
I was set on the .357 sig.  Now I am thinking of looking at the 40 s&w or the 9mm.  I have been told that the 9mm is not that great for personal protection.  I have read that with the correct ammo the 9mm will work just fine.  I'm not sure which way to go!  I like the 9mm because most 9mm conceal pistols are small and light.  I really don't want to move down to a .380.  Any ideas?

thanks for the info!

Tbull55
It has a light side.
It has a dark side.

Offline tbull55

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 03:30:17 AM »
I have been looking at the Kel-Tec P-11
It has a light side.
It has a dark side.

Offline Savage

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 04:18:23 AM »
I have two of the P-11s. In my opinion they are unbeatable values for the money! Mine are both 100% reliable so far with any ammo I've stuffed in them, and that includes a wheelbarrow load of 124gr cast reloads. I have a lot of other handguns that cost many times the price of the P-11s, so it's not a matter of necessity, but choice that I often carry one.
Savage

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 03:30:03 PM »
I have had two P-11's. Still have the second. Not much to look at and you will find tool marks in the slide, but both have been 100% reliable. Don't think I have ever had a malfunction with either of them. Fairly accurate, too, after you get used to the trigger. Highly recommend if you don't have to have a "prestige" pistol. Have a P3AT also that goes everywhere with me.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline Bubba w/a 45/70

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 07:35:53 PM »
I just couldn't get myself to step down to a 9mm, no matter how hard I tried. :grin:  

As far as the size of gun, I don't think that the 36 is much larger than many midsize 9's.  I could very well be wrong, but.......

I really was looking at one of the kel-tec P-32's, but I fell for the Glock.  I alread was carrying a CZ 70 in .32, and the p-32 really looked concealable.  But the practicality of the .45 caliber won out for me, for as if I needed to ABSOLUTELY carry something as small as the P-32, I already had something that small----North American Arms .22mag 5 shot derringer.  And the 22mag has more power than the .32ACP.

And no comments about the 9mm/.32ACP thing.... :wink:
"I SHOOT BACK!"     Uncle Ted

Offline Savage

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 03:45:53 AM »
Hey, Bubba!
You're right about the size of the mdl 36. When I carry mine in a holster, I use the mdl 19 holster that I already had. Given the choice of a 9mm and a .45, both being the same size, makes the choice easy for me! I have a couple of the kel tec P-3ATs in .380. No excuse not to carry one of these all the time. Just like your pocket knife it's always with you, sometimes as backup to another gun, sometimes solo. I put "PT" night sights on my 36 along with a "Clip Draw" and she's good to go. The mdl 36 is an excellent choice!
Savage

Offline tbull55

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2004, 09:08:07 AM »
Thanks for all the input.  I believe I'm going to go with the P11.  I found a good deal on a used one that looks brand new.  It doesn't really matter to me if it looks good or not, hopefully not many people will have to see it!!

Thanks again for the advice!!

I will probably get a pretty one in the .357 sig :lol:
It has a light side.
It has a dark side.