Author Topic: The Can vs. other "can" calls  (Read 437 times)

Offline wvbowman04

• Trade Count: (0)
The Can vs. other "can" calls
« on: October 03, 2004, 06:58:15 AM »
I was looking at the various can type calls on the market in the store the other day.  I was looking to buy an Original Can by Primos but when I go to looking at the different brands the Primos call only has a sticker to cover the silencer hole and another type had a rubber stopper that was connected to the call.  Do all the different calls like these work about as well as each other??  Cause I like the idea of the rubber thing instead of a sticker to get dirty and lose.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer with his buddies for a lifetime.

This isn't a beer gut!!  Its a feul tank for a sex machine!!

Offline smoky

• Contributor
    • http://www.cattletoday.com/sscc
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 05:19:47 AM »
I prefer the tru talker grunt tube.  It will reproduce the bleat of the can plus a really effective tending grunt and social grunt as well.  All without disassembling the tube.  Called in and shot a seven point last year by calling with the doe bleat followed by the tending grunt.  No doubt he was coming to the calls.

My 2 cents

Smoky
Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 11:34:56 AM »
Well, I just bought a Primos Can call. I still think it's too early for my deer herd to acknowledge it...but that whole rubber-stopper deal is just an add-on. It seems I keep the call in my pocket anyway, so I don't have to worry about dirt and debris and whatnot...and even so...it's alot easier to just pull it out of your pocket and start callin instead of fighting with that dang rubber with gloves on and then call. Just my :money:.  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline JPSaxMan

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 11:37:01 AM »
Oh yea, failed to mention; I also baught a Primos Hardwood Grunter (it actually came with the Can) and found out it could do several calls; Estrus and Doe Bleats, Doe, Young, Mature, and Trophy Buck grunts. But when I did the doe bleats, it sounds like a dang duck call :?  :-D . I guess I'll just stick with the can for the bleats and use the grunter for everything else.  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding