Author Topic: Need advise on .410 PLEASE  (Read 819 times)

Offline Jeffery8mm

• Trade Count: (59)
  • A Real Regular
Need advise on .410 PLEASE
« on: October 04, 2004, 10:30:53 AM »
To send in my huntsman frame to be fitted with a new 410 barrel is going to run 76.00
39.0 barrel
12.0 forearm
15.0 fitting charge
10.0 shipping
You can buy a new complete 410 for a little more that this!!!
Any one have a used 410 barrel for sale?

What to do?
 Jeff
With proper care and maintenance the human body will last a lifetime! :)

Offline Leftoverdj

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 10:42:36 AM »
Buy a new one. You forgot the $10 it's gonna cost you to send it in and that brings the total to theWalmart price for the whole gun.

Better yet, ditch the .410 idea and get a 28 gauge.
It is the duty of the good citizen to love his country and hate his gubmint.

Offline Jeffery8mm

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 11:02:44 AM »
.410 ammo seems to be more readily availabe.  Dont see much 28 ga stuff.  But then i Dont look for it either so it may be available here at our Mart.
JMP

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 01:53:06 PM »
what are yu wantingto do with the 410 ? hunting ? i like 410's a lot , as for having a barrel fitted go get a new one bout 90 bucks , or shop for a used one 50-75 for that ?i may have one for sale????? the longer barreled model ????

Offline Jeffery8mm

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 01:56:50 PM »
410 is for my wife to shoot snakes and other unwanted critters around the place.  I can handle the 12 but she perfers not to!
If you have one for sale send the details.
Jeff

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 03:20:48 PM »
if this was for yur wife it may have been to big for her , u may wantto look in to a youth model or tamer so u get a shorter stock mines an inch longer since i put on the recoil pad justa thought

Offline HuntenNut

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 09:26:27 AM »
Jeffery8mm,

There is always also the Versapack which is youth sized and has both 410 and 22 barrels. I got one for my wife a few years back, and its a nice rig.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 01:49:39 PM »
I got the versapac for my Dad and he loves it. It was $134.00 through walmart.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 04:19:40 PM »
Jeffery8mm, spend a couple of bucks more and buy her her own .410 Pardner at Wal Mart, perhaps even a youth model or Tamer if they fit her better. Or you could look around for a used one for between $50-$70.
 I suggest a trip to Wal Mart, take your "calming" pills and pack a lunch because they are know nothings there and the ordereing process takes a looooong while, but persevere and order a new .410 for her. Between $79 and $89 at Wal Mart. They may(!!!) be willing to call around and see if a store near them has one in stock, remember, never, never, give up and you will eventually get through the process.....<><.... :wink:

You could of course do what others here have done and try to buy a used barrel from someone on this forum or E-bay and hope it fits your reciever, and if it does not fit then fit it yourself, it's not all that difficult and there are many here to help. If you find the barrel you bought cannot be fitted to your reciever (highly unlikely but possible) then there will always be someone here to buy it from you.......
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline ScatterGunner

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 04:23:18 PM »
i'm not one to offer an unsolicited opinion so thanks for asking !

for snakes, and pests the 410 is fine, but she will need to practice.

my wife tried my 20 gauge, the 28 gauge and 410 pardners, she missed equally well with all three guns. she did the best with the "'youth" version 410 i got for my neighbors grandson. she shot a few boxes of #8's at clay birds and tin cans about 10 yards away and hit a few more than i thought she would.

ammo is for any gauge or bore is easy to get, check out cabela's, gande mountain, or midsouth shooters supply !

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!