Author Topic: Quick question!  (Read 564 times)

Offline MIdeerhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Quick question!
« on: October 13, 2004, 04:08:32 PM »
Hello everyone, went and picked up what i thought was a Ultra Slug Hunter Deluxe, they look identical but the reciever is marked NEF, and it is blued, not the funny looking finish with the swirls and stuff, it does have the laminate stock and the bull barrel, it looks identical to a Ulta Slugger but in the stock it has a NEF medalion and the barrel is marked as Tracker plus, it is rifled, is this the same thing as the ultra slug hunter? is it still a good gun?
New England Fireams Tracker II plus (USHD) 12 ga
.223 handi rifle
1903A3 Springfield in 6mm rem.
rem. 870 supermag
ruger 10/22
win. x-150
winchester model 88
savage 24

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Quick question!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 04:16:20 PM »
It is the same thing. the only difference is the name on it and the medallion. Is the stock and forearm checkered? That was another difference that I have heard about. These guns didn't make the catalog or website. and retailed about $10.00 less from what I remember. Was it new? Some one else here has on and this same question was discussed a while back. I think it might be a few years old.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MIdeerhunter

• Avid Poster
Quick question!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 04:26:05 PM »
It is uncheckered and brand new, also can i still get parts and stuff for it and is it still a good gun?
.223 handi rifle
rem. 870 supermag
ruger 10/22
win. x-150
winchester model 88
savage 24

Offline HuntenNut

• Contributor
Quick question!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 04:42:43 PM »
the guts should all be the same, and so parts shouldn't be a problem. however, these are pretty tough guns and you probably won't ever need a part unless you disassemble it and lose something.

congrats on the new gun. im sure it will be a real shooter.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
Quick question!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 04:44:54 PM »
Yes it's a good gun and if the price is right and you don't care about the checkering buy it. The internal workings of these guns are identical they are made in the same factory by the same people. Parts will be available forever. how much do they want for it?

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MIdeerhunter

• Avid Poster
Quick question!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 04:46:28 PM »
i paid $175.00 for it new, it has the laminate stock and is uncheckered, the only downside i don't like about it is the weight...the good this is the recoil won't be as brutal
.223 handi rifle
rem. 870 supermag
ruger 10/22
win. x-150
winchester model 88
savage 24

Offline Markus

• Moderators
Quick question!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 04:55:06 PM »
That's a good price. Enjoy your new gun it will give you years of faithful service. You'll get used to the weight.

Offline MIdeerhunter

• Avid Poster
Quick question!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 05:02:48 PM »
i have heard these guns are pretty rugged, is there anything to watch for? I clean my guns well, how long should she last or should i not worry about it breaking?
.223 handi rifle
rem. 870 supermag
ruger 10/22
win. x-150
winchester model 88
savage 24

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Quick question!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 02:01:12 AM »
When your great-great grandchildren are using it (unless Kerry wins and he with the UN's help takes all our guns away) they will be thanking you and wondering what you looked like....<><.... :-D
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley