Author Topic: Deer Pictures  (Read 607 times)

Offline Todd1700

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Deer Pictures
« on: October 13, 2004, 07:54:21 PM »
Thought I would post a few pictures of some Alabama deer for you. These are photo's from our land in the blackbelt region of Alabama. All these deer are on our land. These photos are from last season and this year. None of these deer have been killed to the best of my knowledge.

Offline HipShot

Deer Pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 02:16:02 AM »
Interesting pattern on that last one.

It looks like you've got a couple cameras covering the same area from different sides; it must be busy!

Thanks for the pictures. :grin:

Offline jhm

Deer Pictures
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 04:50:28 AM »
Todd:  Great photos keep them coming and keep us updated on any of the harvesting. :D    JIM

Offline Todd1700

• Avid Poster
Deer Pictures
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 09:10:30 AM »
Interesting pattern on that last one.

Yeah it's a piebald but whats kind of unique about it is how dark most of the hair is. The first time I saw that deer looking so dark with white patches on it I thought it was a big goat or a small dairy cow.  :grin:

It looks like you've got a couple cameras covering the same area from different sides; it must be busy!

I have places on certain trails into game patches where a game camera will take 20 to 27 pictures a night. The north may have us southern boys on rack and body size when it comes to deer but we do have the numbers of deer.

keep us updated on any of the harvesting.

Will do. The interesting thing is that we killed 1 six point, 1 seven point, 2 eight points and 1 ten point off our land last year and not a single one of them was a deer I had a picture of.  Lesson? There's more bucks out there than you know until you start strapping cameras to trees.

Offline goose7856

• Contributor
Deer Pictures
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 03:39:59 PM »
a few very nice deer in there........but it seems like you may need to take a cull buck.....i think i saw two in there that had big bodies, very wide, but only had 6 points!! I would try and get them out b/f they can mate and pass on the genes......seems like there are alot of nice tens and eights, and all the deer have a nice body size to them!! Good luck this year!!
Good Hunting and Straight Shooting