Author Topic: guns online??  (Read 790 times)

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
guns online??
« on: October 15, 2004, 04:24:43 AM »
this is probably the wrong forum to ask this on but how do you go about buying gun online. i know yo have to have it shipped to a ffl but what all goes in to that? is there any fee's besides shipping and the ffl's fee?  if state laws matter i live in ohio could you tell me what i need to do?? and BTW Moderators a sticky on this subject wouldn't hurt. thank you.
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while

Offline bgjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
guns online??
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 05:12:01 AM »
Mitchell, I see that you're only 18. You can't buy a pistol until you're 21. Rifles you can buy. Your purchase must ship to an FFL holder. You'll have to fill out a BATF 4473 and pass the FBI background check. That's about it. Most sellers require certified funds before shipment. Beware, it's easy to get something cheap but better to get something good. browse your local gun shops. Sometimes you can come up with something nice that somebody traded in on the latest hot shot "Magnum".
jam
I know nothing. I am only a messenger.

Offline IntrepidWizard

guns online??
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 05:18:40 AM »
Good advice BJ
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
guns online??
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 05:53:59 AM »
To add to what the other members have said most sellers want you to pay a shipping and handling fee and insurance. This can add an extra 15 to 30 dollars. When it is sent to a Ohio FFL dealer that you can find to handle the transfer a lot of them also charge another 10 to 50 dollars for doing this. By the time you pay all the transfer fee's sometimes it's a lot cheaper to deal with your local gun shop unless what you are buying is a hard to find item or something you just gotta have as soon as possible.
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Jack Crevalle

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
guns online??
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 07:33:00 AM »
I'm going to leave this here for another day or so and then move it to the Humor and Off Topic Discussion forum.

Find an FFL in your area. The best place to look for these are auction sites such as www.auctionarms.com, www.gunbroker.com. They have searches for FFLs by state and include the fee charged. Contact the FFL you choose and ask if his transfer fee is all you will pay and about anything else such as additional paperwork.

Some states have different laws than others and you are paying the FFL holder for his services so he needs to be aware of any state or local restrictions.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
guns online??
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 08:03:01 AM »
If you move it put it in the Shooting and Hunting General Discussion forum rather than Humor and Off Topics Forum. More appropriate based on subject matter.

If you want it to no longer be here then you must make sure you do not leave a Shadow thread which means you must uncheck that block before moving.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!