Author Topic: question on model 21 tip up  (Read 933 times)

Offline martyrd

• Trade Count: (0)
question on model 21 tip up
« on: October 18, 2004, 07:07:24 AM »
in there any way a person can put ajustable sights on the 22 ca.l tip up ? i was thinking maybe a gun smith could drill, tap it ? also maybe put a little reddot scope on it ? your thoughts. thanks. marty

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
question on model 21 tip up
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 03:58:42 AM »
martyrd:  I don't think there is enough metal on either the slide or barrel of those little pocket rockets to add a pair of adjustable sights.  As for some sort of a scope - it would be bigger than the whole gun and I think you would have to use a pistol grip type mount that you find on occassion for the 45 autos, but sufficiently downsized to fit the Model 21.  Also, although I love those little pistols I don't think there is enough inherent accuracy in those small frame guns to merit scoping one.  I think your project would be very expensive, possibly deleterious to the pistol and not very satisfying in the accuracy department.  Sorry, but I HTH.  Mikey.

Offline martyrd

22 tip up
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 05:19:30 AM »
yep. there just to small for a adj. sight. i was hopeing to use one for coon hunting because thery so light. thanks. marty

Offline Doc TH

21A
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 04:42:59 PM »
I agree with Mikey.  These pistols are not designed to be target shooters.  Mine is very reliable, and enjoyable to shoot - but at short range.  If you want adj sights/red dot, think of a Ruger MK II or Single Six.