Author Topic: My version of a Ultra Slug LE Custom! What do you think?  (Read 714 times)

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
My version of a Ultra Slug LE Custom! What do you think?
« on: October 19, 2004, 04:00:39 PM »
I have just about covered all the combinations of mix and match with all my H&R/NEF guns.

This is my newest creation. It's a 20 ga Ultra Slug LE on a Nickel Huntsman frame, fits perfectly and lock-up is solid. Why do you ask? Because my Huntsman has the best trigger of any of my guns, although the Ultra Slug frame has a crisp trigger, it is just a bit heavier than I care for. I was going to do the trigger but thought this way I could use the same trigger for both the Ultra Slug and Huntsman.

I kinda like the looks too! :wink:

What do you think?

U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
My version of a Ultra Slug LE Custom! What
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 04:11:14 PM »
That looks great and it sounds practicle to have the same trigger for both. I like the nickel receiver myself. As I was walking around the woods the other day I notice tons of grey like beech, holly young poplartrees and almost no black. I've always been partial to the nickel receivers though since that's what my first gun had.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 04:34:27 PM »
Thanks Markus, and thank you for taking the moderator job. Good luck in your new position. You will do just fine.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 01:22:39 AM »
i like it , thats a good lookin outfit

Offline MTNMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 02:58:07 AM »
Busta,
Fine lookin' piece ya got there... Funny, looks just like mine except for a snable foregrip and a case hardened Huntsman Reciever... Did mine for the same reason...my huntsman/.243 combo had the lightest trigger outta all the H&R/NEF's I own.... One of these days I'm gonna get around to making a Snable for the Huntsman...Guess I'll part with some hard earned $'s and get a piece of camo laminate from Wenig...Jeez my scope even has the same rack on it :) ...Ooops, just noticed your medallion is different mine reads H&R 1871, no NEF...Mine must be a Beta copy...Later, MTNMAN :wink:

BTW Lil' Tom thumped a Big Fat Hen last Sunday, you got a Fall Turk season????
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 04:24:25 PM »
MTNMAN,

Yes, we have a fall turkey hunt and I have a tag. I don't really set out to hunt them in the fall, just have a tag in case one happens to stroll by while I am bowhunting for deer. I had some fly up to the roost this evening about 75 yards away and had some about 40 yards a few days ago. Maybe some day soon! Congrats on your bird.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member