Author Topic: CZ-75???? SORRY its a CZ85B??  (Read 896 times)

Offline 1911crazy

• Trade Count: (0)
CZ-75???? SORRY its a CZ85B??
« on: October 22, 2004, 09:25:48 AM »
Does anyone have a CZ-75??  Any good?? I was looking at one at a gun show and I wanted a modern gun to shoot the cheap 9mm.    BigBill

It turned out to be a CZ85B?  in 9mm luger.
I bought it and it looks brand new not a mark on it, its been shot but very little I got it with the case and two mags for $299? And its double action on the first shot and it feels awesome.   :D

Offline TScottW99

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
    • Scouting for wildlife
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 04:41:02 PM »
The CZ 75 is a great gun.  I used to own one and plan on getting one back.  I miss it.  It's seen lots of military and police service in other countries.  It's kind of a "modern" high power though has been around for a long time.  Has been copied a good bit also.
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline jgalar

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 05:17:49 PM »
I have always enjoyed shooting my friends setup 1911s. The guns seemed like you just think where you want the bullet to go and it is on target. I just couldn't see spending that much money to buy the base gun and then send it off for customizing. I was out shopping for a hi-power or clone and came across a CZ-75B and remembered a short column written by Jeff Cooper saying the CZ75 was the best 9mm made and was the only 9 he would own. He thought it was a shame that America could not produce such a pistol. At the time the gun was only $350 not much more than a Llama 45 so I bought it. The gun handles and shoots as well as any of the customized 1911s that I have fired! In my oppinion it is the best  bargain out there in handguns. Custom like performance in a very inexpensive package. I would never trade mine. Its awesome! I have no desire for a customized 1911 anymore. If you think the 9mm cartridge is adequate then you will not be disappointed with the CZ. I have never heard anyone who owned one say they were unhappy with it.

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 08:30:01 PM »
Big Bill, I also have the CZ-75 and a CZ40.  I have put countless rounds thru both without a problem. (Except for somebody elses 9mm reloads and he forgot to put powder in one-tore the rest apart and reloaded them my self). My 40 is my normal carry weapon, but will take the 9 every once in a while. Wife kinda layed claim to the 9 as hers, so have to ask to borrow it every now and then.  :shock:  The 9 is nice shooting and I put the finger grip grips on it makes it even nicer.

Gun Runner

Offline leverfan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 09:29:44 PM »
I have a CZ85B, the ambidexterous version of the 75.  It's an excellent pistol.  Midway has new, full capacity Mec-Gar magazines for it for $10 less than CZ USA is charging for factory, if you want extra mags.  Hogue has some beautiful grips available for the CZ 75 & 85, if you want to dress one up.
NRA life member

Offline 1911crazy

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 11:14:27 PM »
Thanks I seen it and it looked sweet but i wanted to make sure before i go back to get it.  With all this cheap 9mm ammo around I need another plinker too.                 Thanks again,    BigBill :D

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 09:23:36 PM »
:cb2: My Russian neighbor said it was the weapon of choice for the Soviet special forces.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."