Author Topic: new to NEF  (Read 483 times)

Offline alpini

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
new to NEF
« on: October 24, 2004, 09:55:09 AM »
I recently picked-up a 28in 12ga mod Pardner in a trade. In the past, I'd never looked twice at one of these. My mistake.
   I have to say, I'm completely enthralled with this gun. I now realize the complete practicality of these things, I gota get more barrels.
   I'm already thinking about the 45/410 barrel for a camp gun. This piece has opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me. I can't wait to get this combo thing going.
   Good day to everyone and thanks for listening :wink:

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
new to NEF
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 11:46:11 AM »
Welcome alpini,

I would just like to warn you, I started by buying my boy a 20ga Topper Jr.  N.W.T.F.-- J.A.K.E.S. gun at a N.W.T.F. Banquet a few years back. I never looked twice either, but i have made up for my mistakes. I then bought my daughter a .410 Pardner and I now have a Ultra Varmint in .223, Sportster in .17 HMR, S.S. Huntsman .50 cal., Ultra Slug Hunter LE in 20ga. That is not the end of this addiction either, just the beginning I'm afraid. :roll:

Good luck in your new endeavor!
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
new to NEF
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 10:39:54 AM »
Welcome aboard Alpini. I went about it the other way. A Topper Deluxe Model 198 20 ga was my first gun backin about 1972. Over the years I've tried a mess of others but these guns are still the favorites. I lost that old topper in a divorce 15 years ago and have been looking for one just like it ever since. I finally found one on gunbroker and bought it a couple weeks ago and I've hardly had it out of my sight since. Adding barrels isn't as cheap as it used to be but still not a bad deal. I have'nt heard a good report yet about the accuracy from the 45/410 barrel. Another option when it comes to adding barrels is buying used ones or used guns even. These singles can be had new for $50 or $60 at most pawn shops and new they are only $89.00 at wal mart. Enjoy your new gun and the single shot lifestyle. Soon you'll start trying to convert your friends. There is a lot of knowledge here stop back often.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun