Author Topic: Boy's First Deer Rifle  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Matt in AK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Boy's First Deer Rifle
« on: October 30, 2004, 11:09:22 AM »
Several months ago I handed down my 243 to my 11-year-old son.  he refinished the stock with my help and we slipped a recoil pad on it.  Well, we finally got out to the range this afternoon to see how he'd do with it.  We reviewed the shooting fundamentals and did some dry firing before he shot a 3-round group at 25 yds -- into just over 1".  We put the target out at 100 yds and he managed a 4" group.  I'm here to tell ya, I was one proud papa  :grin: and told him so.  We'll do some more shootin' before deer season and hope to get the boy his first critter in November...  That deer hunt will take place in Kentucky, courtesy of a generous offer from another Graybeard fella who lives there.  We've never even met him but he invited us out and we're excited as can be.  My wife, brought up in a non-gun family, just can't believe how nice "gun people" tend to be.
Isaiah 6:8

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
Boy's First Deer Rifle
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 02:35:57 PM »
Matt, you mean it was one of those nasty gun owners that invited you and not one of the ANTI gun, tree huggers. :)
Its to bad the politicions(sp) cant take the time to get to know people. It just might make a diffrence instead of what can I get for nothing.

Gun Runner