Author Topic: Alessi Hideout holster on order  (Read 575 times)

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Alessi Hideout holster on order
« on: November 01, 2004, 11:14:13 AM »
I never realized how close I live to a truly legendary holster artist(15 mins from my house).  Lou Alessi is one of the greats out there.  When I purchased my S&W model 6904 from a friend of mine last week, it came with an Alessi Belt Slide holster for a right hand draw.  I am a lefty.  The belt slide is a top quality unit.  I stopped at Alessi's shop on my lunch break today and ordered a Hideout IWB Holster.  He said that it should be ready by Friday...Now that's service for a custom fitted left hand draw leather holster.  I expected to wait a month or more judging by what I have seen on the internet.  I'll let you all know how it feels when I get it on Friday.  I am excited...The price was right too.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline Walosi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 11:56:50 AM »
I'm very, very glad that I DON'T live that close to Luigis' Legendary Leatherworks :eek: I'd wind up chained to a bench, dip-dying my way out of debt.

The hideout is a favorite for carrying my 4" N frames, so your 6906 should ride like a dream. If you (as I do) find the hot sweaty part of the year getting to your IWB leather, try Silicone Water Guard on the body side of the holster. This is a Sno Seal product, useable even on suede. Some decry the use of silicones on leather;,but the carriers used in garment and leather grades are not harmful. This is usually available at Wal Mart. Kiwi Camp Dry is another, non-silicone, but harder to find in my area.

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 01:42:48 AM »
L is a truely gracious guy and from ALL I have read and, honest.
I bought from horshoe, and am happy, but should I find a need/want/desire in the future I will look him up.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 03:12:01 AM »
Alessi Leather

Click on the link above...He doesn't have the official website up and running...The page says it is coming soon though.  The contact info is there though.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense