Author Topic: Kerry concession speech  (Read 1246 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
Kerry concession speech
« on: November 03, 2004, 09:39:21 AM »
Kerry Concession Speech Takes High Road by Scott Ott [AP EDITOR'S NOTE: THIS STORY ABSOLUTELY EMBARGOED UNTIL SEN. KERRY ACTUALLY DELIVERS THE SPEECH AFTER THE POLLS CLOSE IN CALIFORNIA.]

(2004-11-03) -- When John Forbes Kerry took the podium last night in a Boston hotel ballroom, many supporters expected him to heed the poet's call: "Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage..."

But the veteran-senator disappointed his troops one last time by taking the high road in his concession speech.

"America has spoken tonight," said a stoic Mr. Kerry, "They have chosen strength and integrity over indecision and political opportunism. This landslide victory for my opponent--forgive me, let me call him President Bush-- this victory demonstrates the essential decency and folksy wisdom of a bold and humble people. In all frankness, my candidacy was never anything more than a vitriolic hate-parade, funded by big unions, Hollywood and the trial lawyers."

Mr. Kerry then stunned the assembled party faithful.

"Tonight I step from the spotlight into the shadow of a great and good man," he said. "In doing so, I now join my friends Sen. Zell Miller, former New York Mayor Ed Koch and millions of anonymous Democrats who secretly betrayed their party today for the good of their nation tomorrow. As I did rhetorical battle with President Bush, I found myself respecting him, admiring him and longing to be more like him. From now on, I will say what I mean, mean what I say and act accordingly. Let me sum up now by paraphrasing my mentor, John F. Kennedy--starting tonight, Ich bin ein Bushie."
Safety first

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Kerry concession speech
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 11:17:31 AM »
Kerry? Whozat? Oh you mean Carrie. Yeah they made a couple movies about her a long time ago didn't they? Evil to the core as I recall. Born of the devil and did the devil's work. Zat who you speak of?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Questor

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 12:03:49 PM »
Sorry for cluttering up this forum with it, but I thought others who frequent it would get a kick out of it.
Safety first

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Kerry concession speech
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 12:43:48 PM »
It wuz cute Rudy but would take a man with more courage, fortitude and morale fiber than Kerry has to make that speech.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Glanceblamm

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 02:36:52 PM »
Will he take some time off to trap shoot & goose hunt? (I think not)
And when is he going to give his face back to Mr. Ed? :-D

Offline Questor

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 02:41:31 PM »
That's right GB. That's what makes it funny. We all know that it could never have really happened.
Safety first

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
Kerry concession speech
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 03:10:50 PM »
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have more politicians that did what was right because it was right?  Rather than for political expediency or because it was what was expected by his party?  I get upset when I see the votes going right down party lines.  Most of them act like 4 year olds!  If I can't make the rules, I won't play!  I believe that I and most of America would start respecting them when we see them vote down a bad bill and vote for a good bill, reguardless of which party introduced it.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline LMM

• Avid Poster
Kerry concession speech
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 10:47:43 PM »
Loved it!
LMM

"If you can blame guns for killing people, then I can blame my pencil for misspelled words."
--Larry the Cable Guy

Offline Questor

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 02:25:22 AM »
There was an interesting story in today's USA Today about John Kerry's neighbors in Bar Harbor (i.e. Bah HahBah). The ones that spoke to reporters were relieved that the campaing was over, and one said "I'm glad he lost...it was an intrusion.." It went on to say that Kerry never even apologized to neigbors for the intrusion of publicity manifested as hovering helicopters and swarms of newspeople, "he was oblivious [to the concerns of his neigbors]".

The news media is not kind to losers, as USA Today's photo of him shows him eyes down and looking despondent, even though he was largely upbeat, poised, and uncharacteristically sincere-like during the entirety of the concession speech.

Meanwhile, National Public Radio and Minnesota Public Radio seem to be spending an inordinate amount of air time on the Democrat victories in these elections, missing the larger story and its meaning for the Democrats entirely.
Safety first

Offline IntrepidWizard

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 03:00:19 AM »
Speaking of MN,Jesse Ventura was doing some anti Swartzenegger spots here in Kalitaxia and it was not until a few days went by until I reconized him--his hair under the bad pate sides in real is black and he has a Fu Manchu--also a lot of fat went somewhere.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline williamlayton

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2004, 07:55:35 AM »
GB-
Kerry proved to be full of fiber--just look at the brown streak he left across the country.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline dakotashooter2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Kerry concession speech
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 09:25:54 AM »
I'm suprised the media didn't pick up on the wobbling his wife was doing up on stage. Not sure if she was exhaused or full to the gills though I suspect the latter. First time she was speachless.
Just another worthless opinion!!

Offline Questor

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2004, 10:21:45 AM »
I've always thought of her as half mad.  It was amazing how little attention her quirks got during the campaign. We can be thankful that she'll never be our first lady. We haven't had a kook like that as first lady since Lincoln's wife.
Safety first

Offline Jim n Iowa

• A Real Regular
Kerry concession speech
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 02:07:42 PM »
The Swift Boat guys and POW's are not finished with him . I salute this group and support them as a former navy Vietnam vet. It was not easy to be discharged to come home and be advised that in uniform we could expect problems. The german army returning through the "gate" Where given a popular salute that be equivocal to a Roman victory. We should hide? BS This man shamed the men on the wall. I support these vet as a group and hope they succeed in disclosing this fraud on his medals, and his discharge. It is a rant and if not accepted so be it.
Jim

Offline rockbilly

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2004, 07:38:27 AM »
I think it takes a sorry individual to question any man's war record unless they are there to witness his actions.  I spent 24 years in the military and know from experience, in combat you don't spend your time watching other people, you are too busy trying to save your own butt.

There are a lot of things about Kerry that I didn't like, but being from Texas and witnessing the morally correct Bush at work here, and then his first tour in DC, there are far more things I dislike about Bush.  In my opinion, there is not a word of truth in him, he also has a very questionable military record.  Surely not fit to be Commander-in-Chief of America's Armed Forces.

Attacks on Kerry's war record?  Who next?  Was Audie Murphy on dope when he put that German tank out of commission?  Did he do what he did to better his changes of becomming an actor? Was Sgt York just shooting at tin cans when he accidently hit a German in the head?

Unless you were there to witness Kerry's actions in Vietnam, don't try to judge them.  The crew members that were with him support him, and think he won the medals fairlly.   Sounds like those that are making the noise are jealous because they didn't have the "nads" to do anythink to win them a medal?

Just my two cents worth.

Offline Questor

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2004, 02:48:30 AM »
Kerry made it an issue, and therefore it was fair game.  It's the only thing he really had to run on and the outcome is that he turns out that his record doesn't match his self-aggrandizing verbal autobiography.
Safety first

Offline rockbilly

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2004, 12:27:24 PM »
You are right, he did make it an issue.  But I doubt that anyone can prove he is not telling the truth.  I have a problem with "monday morning quarterbacks", those that were not there and do not know the true facts,  attempting to justify the accuracy of his record.  

The seven members of his crew stand by his version of what happened.  Those that are making the noise were not there to observe and therefore are speculating on the issue.

As I said, I'm not a democrat or a Kerry fan, but I did serve two tours in Vietnam, I saw combat and I'm still wearing several pieces of the jacket off an AK round.  I don't doubt for one moment that Kerry did not win his medals.  Someone had to put him for the award, he didn't do that himself.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
I'm no Kerry Fan but
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2004, 07:57:42 PM »
I respect him more for his gracious concession - the country needed that.  The last 4 years of the Dems acting like Bush wasn't properly elected was not healthy for our country.  Our country's strength lies in our general respect for the will of the voters even when we lose. Don't want to turn into another banana republic.

Now I hope Bush can do a better job this term.  He's got quite a mess to clean up.  Sorry to see Powell pull out.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline twodollarpistol

• Avid Poster
Kerry concession speech
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 12:56:20 AM »
Quote from: rockbilly
.  I spent 24 years in the military and know from experience, in combat you don't spend your time watching other people, you are too busy trying to save your own butt..

Well, Imagine that. Not only did kerry have time to watch other people, but he had time to have his film crew with him and act out all the great things he lied, oops, I mean reported that he had done.  According to you while the real fighting men were busy trying to stay alive and win a war, this lying piece of whale dung was play acting in front of a camera, and getting Purple Hearts for self inflicted scratches that his own crewmen and medic made fun of and laughed about. Then while good men are in captivity and being tortured and killed this worthless waste of space and skin is giving aid and comfort to the enemy and selling his countrymen down the river. You think Bush doesn't deserve to be president, I dont think kerry deserves to ever draw a free breath as long as he remains on this earth. I thank God that he will never be president of this country and that the people are finally getting wise to the lying, hate filled garbage of the communist democrat party.
The Lord didnt create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close. :D

Offline Questor

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2004, 02:34:27 AM »
His soldiering smokescreen has worked amazingly well, even among shooters who should realize that the issue is his resume as a politician. The only important thing is his history of raising taxes, working against gun owners, and the long list of other works he has done against the American people and the concept of representative democracy.
Safety first

Offline rockbilly

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2004, 04:41:54 PM »
Twodollarpistol.
Oh, Kerry had HIS film crew working while he was fighting?  Bullxxxx!  During my two tours in Vietnam I never seen a personal film crew for anyone.  The military had their film crews and from time to time we would see a pool reporter with a film crew.

I never said Kerry was worth a crap, but when you speak of persons that are lower than whale dung don't forget to mention mister draft dodger George W. Bush.  Oh sure, he was a member of the Texas Air National Guard, but he couldn't even live up to their standards.  I'm not knocking Reserve or National Guard folks, I served with some outstanding troops that were activated during Nam.  Their daddys didn't pull strings to keep them home, they served and died with the rest of us.  Keeping a bar stool warm in Houston while wearing a flight suit does not qualify Mr Bush@t to be Commander in Chief.

As for Kerry and his taxes, what do you think this is a free ride?  With out the tax dollars this country can not survive.  Today's news, "Bush gets debt-limit increased", 800 billion dollars.  He is totally out of control, it will be extremely hard to fund future initiatives without getting in our pockets at some point.  He has obligated 4.7 billion dollars a day toward the war in Iraq.  We also have two possible really bad actors we may have to deal with at some point, that being Iran and North Korea.  Where will the money come from to "protect" against these foes?

If Bush is such a morally correct man, how can he justify killing all the women and children we are responsible for in Iraq?  Why is his cabinet deserting him like a bunch of rats off a sinking ship?  

Stay tuned to the Bush adminstration, watch him start a draft because he is running out of "targets", watch for a tax increase on middle Americans.  And while doing that, load some ammo, you may need it when the country is broke.

Take a drive through this country, look at the bridges, roads, federal buildings.  Look at the number of people out of work, the homeless, many insane because funding is not available to house them.  Look at the criminals being set free because of the cost to maintain them.  Right now, we are a country at war with its self because we do not have a leader.

Politically, I belong to the Unique Individual Party.  It has one member, me.  Like Jefferson, I refuse to submit my will to the rule of any group of men.  I have no stomach for the groupthink of Democrats, Republicans or Whateverians.  I hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that each is endowed with certain unalienable rights - life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; that government derives its just powers from consent of the governed.  

Left to Bush, Tom DeLay and their cronies, it will be King George........

Just my thoughts.

Offline IntrepidWizard

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2004, 04:48:50 PM »
This election was about God,Guns and Gays in that order and the Liberals better change tactics.skeery was a phony from the Git go and still is.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline williamlayton

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2004, 12:53:03 AM »
Politicians are ALL about perception and very little about reality. Somewhere, we the people, have bought into perception as reality. Well, on that thought, everything is about perception, these days.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
Kerry concession speech
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2004, 06:12:58 AM »
Kerry hasn't told the truth about anything in 20 years, and likely wouldn't recognise truth if it bit him on his backside.  Bush may be a lot of things, but a draft-dodger?  C'mon rockabilly, if your father was head of the CIA do you think anyone with a brain would let you serve overseas?  That's too stupid to even contemplate!

America is DEEPLY divided, and I place the blame squarely on the Media.  They have foisted more lies and half-truths when their responsibility to the American public is to seek the truth.  I think Congress ought to call for an investigation of the CBS forgery case, and that would just be for openers.  There is a widespread move underway to spread misinformation, and the media doesn't even try to deny it anymore.  Whatever happened to, "Truth, Justice, and the American Way?"  The real JFK wouldn't even recognise this country if he were to see it today.   I'm ashamed at what much of my country has become.....a nation where our own citizens spend all their time apologising for the wealth, power and prosperity we live and die to share with the rest of the world.  How about we suspend all foreign aid and see how the rest of the world gets along without our handouts?  And tell the UN to get outta Dodge, we don't need their meddling and putdowns.   :D

Sorry, rant mode off, I think I need a Valium, or a beer or something.  No, I need to go shooting! :wink:  

Papajohn
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?

Offline williamlayton

Kerry concession speech
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2004, 11:07:48 PM »
I'm thinkin this was a time before sr was director, ya'll correct me if I am wromg.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD